Re: Rumours I've heard

newgroundrodney wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Joe Day 'is indeed leaving, but 'won't be going very far geographically' is the rumour I've heard.
90 minutes by car from Newport to Oxford's ground (having done that trip a few times over the years). Make of that what you will. I'd still be very surprised indeed if that was his destination.
.... "closer to home" for both you & I is what I've heard. He won't have to take the kids on a day trip to Legoland.

....so looks like the rumour may have been right. It has surfaced again I believe.

We will know more next week when they all become free agents. I'm resigned to losing Joe, Labs and Mickey and one of Podge or Jamma, but I would like to think we are in the same position. Having replacements lined up but not being able to announce them until they are free agents

amberbhoy wrote:We will know more next week when they all become free agents. I'm resigned to losing Joe, Labs and Mickey and one of Podge or Jamma, but I would like to think we are in the same position. Having replacements lined up but not being able to announce them until they are free agents
This churn will happen every summer. There is nothing we can do to prevent players moving up to higher Leagues. League one sides receive more money from the EFL and can offer higher wages.

All we can do is ten games in ask whether the side we have is broadly better, worse or the same as the one we had last season.

Follow the shirt. Not the player wearing it.

county2016 wrote:Rumours say days deal to cardiff announced this week on 7k ......dimi to shrews his brother plays and maybe why we got the friendly....
The rumours may be true but I can't see the Shrewsbury friendly being part of it. It's not a transfer as he is a free agent at the end of the month so there is no negotiation to be had with the County where we could negotiate a friendly as part of the deal. My gut feeling is if he was staying we would have known by now so I am resigned to him going unfortunately.

Collars wrote:
county2016 wrote:Rumours say days deal to cardiff announced this week on 7k ......dimi to shrews his brother plays and maybe why we got the friendly....
The rumours may be true but I can't see the Shrewsbury friendly being part of it. It's not a transfer as he is a free agent at the end of the month so there is no negotiation to be had with the County where we could negotiate a friendly as part of the deal. My gut feeling is if he was staying we would have known by now so I am resigned to him going unfortunately.
Day has gone. I have no hard feelings, he is right to consider what is best for his family. I have no doubt he will choose to go to whoever offers him the most money. I couldn't care less who he signs for. He is an ex County player.

Contracts expiring at the end of the month has no effect on announcing players signing contracts. A player can sign a contract today with an effective date of 1st July. This is what I suspect has happened with Dan Butler thus allowing Posh to announce that he has signed. 1st July is when the player's registration can be completed and the player formally moves club is all.