Match Day Prices

Accompanying the new season ticket prices on the County website it says that match day tickets are increasing by £1 across the board. What about tickets bought online prior to the match day? Last season I paid £15 for a senior ticket online. If I now have to pay £18 that's a 20% increase. If that's the case there's no option but to buy a season ticket this year.

Re: Match Day Prices

Blackandamber wrote:Accompanying the new season ticket prices on the County website it says that match day tickets are increasing by £1 across the board. What about tickets bought online prior to the match day? Last season I paid £15 for a senior ticket online. If I now have to pay £18 that's a 20% increase. If that's the case there's no option but to buy a season ticket this year.
I'm similar to yourself, and paid £15 per game last season by buying online prior to matchday. I believe the on the day price however was £17. Therefore although not officially announced yet, I'm assuming that for next season they will be £16 online and £18 at the ticket office on the day. Having managed to get to 19 home league games last season, I'm considering buying a season ticket for next season anyway.

In terms of increases & average ticket prices, following some changes to the structure, the average price of a ticket this season coming is £12.00....up from £10.33 last season, that's 16.1% up on average taking the whole range into account. But as I said, there has been a slight restructuring: No family tickets anymore, no online discount.
Obviously there is no average price, it's just for comparison.

excessbee wrote:There hasn't been a price difference between buying beforehand and on the day for at least two seasons, possibly three. Where has this misinformation come from?
There was a discount of £2 for buying in advance of matchday, which many thought was a surcharge, but it wasn't. I think to level the field, they removed it altogether.
It's just a guess, but I'd think those who buy online would MOSTLY do so before matchday, so some will see it as the same thing, but anyway, it's gone now. They now have real choice, where cost is not an issue. Now we'll know whether people prefer to queue on the day or not.

newgroundrodney wrote:
excessbee wrote:There hasn't been a price difference between buying beforehand and on the day for at least two seasons, possibly three. Where has this misinformation come from?
There was a discount of £2 for buying in advance of matchday, which many thought was a surcharge, but it wasn't. I think to level the field, they removed it altogether.
It's just a guess, but I'd think those who buy online would MOSTLY do so before matchday, so some will see it as the same thing, but anyway, it's gone now. They now have real choice, where cost is not an issue. Now we'll know whether people prefer to queue on the day or not.
You are missing the point..... When was there a difference in the price?Certainly not last season (as Old Cromwellian was speculating). I'd hazard a guess that it hasn't been in place for maybe three seasons so introducing it into a thread about matchday prices is entirely irrelevant. I appreciate that it wasn't you who did so.

Obviously from me. Utmost apologies for my ignorance and for misleading people. However official website does state a differential of £2 between online and ticket office prices for 2018/19 season EFL home league games? Clearly this is where I misinterpreted this as a differential between beforehand and on the day.

Also it does appear that there is to be no differential between online and ticket office prices for individual matches, next season.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Obviously from me. Utmost apologies for my ignorance and for misleading people. However official website does state a differential of £2 between online and ticket office prices for 2018/19 season EFL home league games? Clearly this is where I misinterpreted this as a differential between beforehand and on the day.

Also it does appear that there is to be no differential between online and ticket office prices for individual matches, next season.
Last season a senior stand ticket was £15 if purchased online but £17 if purchased via the ticket office. If this differential has been removed then next season I will be paying £18 per game unless I buy a season ticket, i.e. a 20% increase. A season ticket looks extremely good value next season.

excessbee wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
You are missing the point..... When was there a difference in the price?Certainly not last season (as Old Cromwellian was speculating). I'd hazard a guess that it hasn't been in place for maybe three seasons so introducing it into a thread about matchday prices is entirely irrelevant. I appreciate that it wasn't you who did so.
Just stop talking. :oops: