Re: New Shirt Sponsor

Interbet were/are a big South African betting brand, guess their UK franchise exploration fronted by Jamie Baulch never took off. Who would've thought.

I'm no one important by any means but I believe it's all in order, no idea who it is though. You all love a reason to moan or speculate mind! Perhaps one has a point about why the kit isn't on sale already but as others have said, look around, how many L2 teams are selling theirs?

Hopefully not a gambling company (urgh), but understand if the club chooses the highest bidder.

Who would buy that Huddersfield PP kit... Or the walking Burger King advertisement on the Stevenage shirt!!

cr0020 wrote:Interbet were/are a big South African betting brand, guess their UK franchise exploration fronted by Jamie Baulch never took off. Who would've thought.

I'm no one important by any means but I believe it's all in order, no idea who it is though. You all love a reason to moan or speculate mind! Perhaps one has a point about why the kit isn't on sale already but as others have said, look around, how many L2 teams are selling theirs?

Hopefully not a gambling company (urgh), but understand if the club chooses the highest bidder.

Who would buy that Huddersfield PP kit... Or the walking Burger King advertisement on the Stevenage shirt!!

Perhaps I've got it wrong, but I understood from comments made on here, that the two entities known as Interbet were nothing to do with each other.

newgroundrodney wrote:
cr0020 wrote:Interbet were/are a big South African betting brand, guess their UK franchise exploration fronted by Jamie Baulch never took off. Who would've thought.

Perhaps I've got it wrong, but I understood from comments made on here, that the two entities known as Interbet were nothing to do with each other.

I thought that they had nothing to do with each other as well. In fact I’ll say they are definitely different companies.

Hilarious japes from the self-publicising jokers at Paddy Power. Here's some additional free publicity for them:

Paddy Power offered odds on the outcome of the trial of Reeva Steenkamp's killer.
Paddy Power offered odds on Barack Obama being assassinated.
Paddy Power offered odds on the first species to be driven to extinction by the BP oil spill.
Paddy Power offered odds on a recently-deceased Villa legend to become the new manager of Birmingham.

Still, let's all lolz at the bantz, right. :roll:

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Hilarious japes from the self-publicising jokers at Paddy Power. Here's some additional free publicity for them:

Paddy Power offered odds on the outcome of the trial of Reeva Steenkamp's killer.
Paddy Power offered odds on Barack Obama being assassinated.
Paddy Power offered odds on the first species to be driven to extinction by the BP oil spill.
Paddy Power offered odds on a recently-deceased Villa legend to become the new manager of Birmingham.

Still, let's all lolz at the bantz, right. :roll:
I agree. But Paddy Power is but one of these leaches. Newport County have been sponsored by 32Red and Interbet in the last few seasons. So we can hardly claim the high ground.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I agree Stan (and it's part of the reason why the last replica shirt I bought was so long ago that it had Acorn emblazoned on the front!). But Paddy Power's advertising/PR stunts are particularly egregious, yet they seem to get away with it.
The one that gets me is BetFred's advert. Forty five seconds of give me your money you morons before as an afterthought Ray Winston says bet sensibly. Ladbroke's "When the fun stops, stop" is another.

Don't get me started on Heineken or Guinness.

Don't get me wrong, I believe you won't stop any 'vice' and it is better these things are licences. But allowing those who make money by exploiting the weak and enhancing misery to advertise is wrong. My view is that in allowing, or having allowed, our colours to be diminished by carrying ad's for these people is shameful.

llanwern exile wrote:I've lost a family member through gambling and alcoholism, he lost his wife children and his home because of it before he took his own life, so I am in huge favour of banning all advertising by betting and drinks company's.
I'm sorry for your loss

How far do we go though a cousin of mine rang up thousands of pounds of debt from shopping channels she had to be declared bankrupt do we stop shopping ads at some point people have to take responsibility for their actions