Re: Swansea Job

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Simon Grayson, Lge2 Blackpool to Leeds.
Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbank, Lge2 Burton to QPR.
Paul Ince, Lge2 MK Dons to Premiership Blackburn.

Shall I go on?
Simon Grayson was managing Blackpool in the championship when he joined Leeds.
Jimmy was top of league one when he joined QPR.
Ince won league two and went to the premier league. This move because of its failure has probably ended the likelihood of a league two manager ever being appointed to the premier league again. It was also over ten years ago.

In recent years there are no trends of championship teams employing league two managers.

The one that might do it is sol Campbell because he is a name like ince was.

So please yes do go on.

According to reports the job is going to Steve Cooper, son of referee Keith Cooper, and coach of England under 17s. He has virtually no history as a player and has never managed a club. I find this an odd appointment, especially since young experienced and successful club managers such as Mike Flynn are ignored.

G Guest wrote:According to reports the job is going to Steve Cooper, son of referee Keith Cooper, and coach of England under 17s. He has virtually no history as a player and has never managed a club. I find this an odd appointment, especially since young experienced and successful club managers such as Mike Flynn are ignored.
Sounds like another American ownership disaster in the making.

whoareya wrote:
G Guest wrote:According to reports the job is going to Steve Cooper, son of referee Keith Cooper, and coach of England under 17s. He has virtually no history as a player and has never managed a club. I find this an odd appointment, especially since young experienced and successful club managers such as Mike Flynn are ignored.
Apparently, he gave a very powerful presentation at interview.

Where have we heard that before?

Cornish Exile wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Apparently, he gave a very powerful presentation at interview.

Where have we heard that before?
:lol: f*cking PowerPoint eh? , they’re done for :grin: