Club and trust AGM

Date set for Club and Supporters' Trust AGMs plus open meeting for supporters
The Newport County AFC Ltd and Newport County AFC Supporters’ Trust AGMs will take place on Thursday, June 27, in the Bisley Suite at Rodney Parade. The AGMs will be followed by an open meeting for all supporters.
The Club AGM will take place from 7pm-7.30pm. Only shareholders in the Club can attend this meeting and attendees will be required to present ID upon entry.
The Trust AGM will take place from 7.30pm-8pm. Only Trust members can attend this meeting and attendees will be required to present ID upon entry. Only Trust Members who joined the Trust before May 31, 2019, are able to attend.
The Open Supporters Meeting will take place from 8pm-9.30pm (or upon conclusion of the AGMs). This is open to all supporters. The meeting will include presentations from the Board, the launch of the 2019 elections to the Trust Board, and a question and answer session.
More information regarding all three meetings will be made available in due course.

Regards,
Your Club, Your Trust

Re: Club and trust AGM

llanwern exile wrote:Date set for Club and Supporters' Trust AGMs plus open meeting for supporters
The Newport County AFC Ltd and Newport County AFC Supporters’ Trust AGMs will take place on Thursday, June 27, in the Bisley Suite at Rodney Parade. The AGMs will be followed by an open meeting for all supporters.
The Club AGM will take place from 7pm-7.30pm. Only shareholders in the Club can attend this meeting and attendees will be required to present ID upon entry.
The Trust AGM will take place from 7.30pm-8pm. Only Trust members can attend this meeting and attendees will be required to present ID upon entry. Only Trust Members who joined the Trust before May 31, 2019, are able to attend.
The Open Supporters Meeting will take place from 8pm-9.30pm (or upon conclusion of the AGMs). This is open to all supporters. The meeting will include presentations from the Board, the launch of the 2019 elections to the Trust Board, and a question and answer session.
More information regarding all three meetings will be made available in due course.

Regards,
Your Club, Your Trust
Two days to go. Did your 'Your Club, Your Trust' actually furbish you with this further information? An email asking you what are the questions you think are important? a written agenda perhaps? As Percy says he has a great deal of difficulty speaking in public. I have sympathy with him. Many people don't like speaking in public.

If your club, your trust really wanted to engage it could have been done by the simple expediency of asking for written questions.

Did they?

llanwern exile wrote:That was an e-mail sent to all trust members pasted and copyed for non trust members who would like to attend the open supporters meeting on the same evening, just letting you know as not being a trust member yourself you wouldn't have had one.
The club did say that they would be sending further information. My question was whether that further information had been sent out.

Your post tends to suggest the answer is no. But I am happy to be corrected if the club/trust did in fact keep their word.

llanwern exile wrote:Actually bren! yes I have as have every other trust member, so why don't you join the trust a bronze membership is only £5 a month and that way you would be kep't in the loop.
Because I have no confidence in the way the club/trust is run. Enlighten me what further information did this second email did elucidate?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
llanwern exile wrote:Actually bren! yes I have as have every other trust member, so why don't you join the trust a bronze membership is only £5 a month and that way you would be kep't in the loop.
Because I have no confidence in the way the club/trust is run. Enlighten me what further information did this second email did elucidate?
I refer you to the original e-mail bren, specifically the part that say's for trust members only.

[quote="Stan A. Einstein"][quote="llanwern exile"]Actually bren! yes I have as have every other trust member, so why don't you join the trust a bronze membership is only £5 a month and that way you would be kep't in the loop.[/quote]

Because I have no confidence in the way the club/trust is run. Enlighten me what further information did this second email did elucidate?[/quote]

There was some 'further information' in the second email. This was to state quite clearly that those contributing to the community shares initiative were not eligible to attend the Trust AGM, unless they had subsequently joined and remained as Trust members. As the first email stated further information (about the meetings) would be sent, I have assumed that this addition was the 'further information'. A useful addition to prevent possible embarrassment.

Amberexile wrote:Isn't this the arrangement for written questions?

"If you can’t make the Open Meeting, but have a question you would like to ask or an issue you would like to raise, please send these to: office@newport-county.co.uk"
I have written the following and I look forward to the questions being answered.

Dear Sirs,

Further to your invitation to consider questions at the upcoming public meeting..........

.......What if anything have the incumbent board of directors done to ensure Newport County will have a home beyond 2022/3? What if anything di you now intend to do?

In terms will the board facilitate a meeting with Dave Buttress?

Second head for Kevin Ward alone.

I have every email we have ever exchanged. All of which were pleasant indeed friendly. On one occasion you invited me to withdraw my belief that you knew Phil Day. I went further in that I apologized for putting my opinion as though it were fact. That is the only time I have ever apologised to you........

On January 7th you published on the unofficial message board.......

" You appear to think that it is perfectly reasonable to hurl insults with impunity and (my emphasis) on the few occasions this has happened in the past I have corrected you and you have had to apologize.

I then go on to invite Mr Ward to withdraw his remarks which both he and I know to be untrue.

For the sake of completeness, if Mr Ward chooses to withdraw these false allegations that is the end of the matter. If he does not and any of you wish to see the paper trail please pm me.

Just to be clear, I was asking a question, not stating a fact about how questions could be presented.

This was the process in the past, I am uncertain as to whether it is the case for this week's meetings as not being a shareholder in the original club I do not have any documentation that has been provided to shareholders ahead of the meetings.

The best way of ensuring your questions are asked would be to ask them or have them asked for you in person at the meeting. I understand that being there yourself is difficult but I wouldn't want you to feel misled by my question.

Perhaps somebody knows the answer?

Amberexile wrote:Just to be clear, I was asking a question, not stating a fact about how questions could be presented.

This was the process in the past, I am uncertain as to whether it is the case for this week's meetings as not being a shareholder in the original club I do not have any documentation that has been provided to shareholders ahead of the meetings.

The best way of ensuring your questions are asked would be to ask them or have them asked for you in person at the meeting. I understand that being there yourself is difficult but I wouldn't want you to feel misled by my question.

Perhaps somebody knows the answer?
Paul,

I'm not misled by you and never have been. We disagree on lots of things and we interpret from different perspectives. But I have never doubted your integrity nor your total commitment to Newport County. And to be clear the questions I pose of the directors of Newport County are to those directors. They and they alone are responsible for any answers they choose to give or choose not to give.

Bren

Just out of interest, slido.com is precisely to give people the opportunity to submit questions, and have people vote on those they want to support - with a week or so in advance that would give both time for supporters to develop coherent and appropriate questions and the board the chance to provide informed responses - entirely transparently.

We used it at a work roadshow so people who didn't want to ask a question in front of a crowd were able to have their voice heard. It worked pretty well.