Re: Womens World Cup

Countymax wrote:
Snowman wrote:Am I supposed to get excited about the women's world cup?

Judging by the BBC and the newspaper coverage, especially the Guardian, this is an event that is supposed to be the highlight of the summer but I couldn't care less about it.

Am I the odd one out here or am I just a sexist dinosaur?
I completely agree with you and would rather stick pins in my eyes.
Then do it !, I'm watching the football.

Last night was a poor advert for women’s football. Korea probably the worst football team I have ever seen. France not much better - aren’t they supposed to be the best team in the world ? Good grief. Complete lack of physicality and skill in the sport makes it unwatchable for me.

Countymax wrote:

Judging by the BBC and the newspaper coverage, especially the Guardian, this is an event that is supposed to be the highlight of the summer but I couldn't care less about it.

Countymax wrote:

And insist on a male doctor to treat you :roll:

faerun exile wrote:Last night was a poor advert for women’s football. Korea probably the worst football team I have ever seen. France not much better - aren’t they supposed to be the best team in the world ? Good grief. Complete lack of physicality and skill in the sport makes it unwatchable for me.
Did you watch Hungary v Wales last night ?

penycwm county wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Last night was a poor advert for women’s football. Korea probably the worst football team I have ever seen. France not much better - aren’t they supposed to be the best team in the world ? Good grief. Complete lack of physicality and skill in the sport makes it unwatchable for me.
Did you watch Hungary v Wales last night ?
No I didn’t but I read it wasn’t great. I did watch the highlights of USA women v Thailand women, which were comical.