Re: Womens World Cup

penycwm county wrote:I honestly thought that the England v Scotland womens game was more skilful and entertaining.
Couldn't agree more.. An entertaining and skillful match... Two brilliant saves from Scottish goalie.
What made it more tolerable was BBC. No adverts imploring us to part with our money "In play NAH"

I’m sat in Rome having a lovely pint of Bierre Morreti IPA watching the Aussies v Brazil and it’s like watching paint dry to be honest. If the first goal was a penalty then VR needs to be banned now! Thank god for 3rd division football and crap refs!!
Rant over, although we’d be in div 2 now with VR!! Can’t win!

Welshtree wrote:Just seen the Aussies won, glad for them after some dodgy ref & VAR decisions. The mens world cup and football in general could be ruined if this continues.
The winning goal was the most dodgy VAR call yet. The panel was presumably unable or unwilling to make a decision, which was what I thought they were there for, so passed it back to the referee to view onscreen and she made a terrible decision to allow the goal.

Just watching England v Argentina and wondering about what you could compare it with in the man’s game ? Must be pretty low in the pyramid, have England played v a man’s team in training? Looks a bit like the old Newport & District Sunday division Z - but less physical, I’ve still got the dents in my head to prove it! Some reasonably skilful players but not much power in the shooting.

The only standard they have to adhere to is against each other, obviously they'll never compete with the men because they're not built to.

You need to try and enjoy it for what it is. Do you watch your kids on a Sunday afternoon and say "they'd never beat the county".

All that being said, I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the men's game, but it's better than Corrie.

rncfc wrote:The only standard they have to adhere to is against each other, obviously they'll never compete with the men because they're not built to.

You need to try and enjoy it for what it is. Do you watch your kids on a Sunday afternoon and say "they'd never beat the county".

All that being said, I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the men's game, but it's better than Corrie.
:grin: true :grin:

Ugo. wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:Do they have a different offside rule in the women's game. Surely England's goal was offside against Argentina.
Think you need some glasses.

Showed the VAR lines after, clearly on.
Thanks Ugo for your medical diagnosis. Only seen the goal on a sports bulletin.