Re: New kit

Est.1912 wrote:I hope the launch is handled better than last year. They did an unveiling in the city centre and generated a buzz but then had no club shop and a web store that said "place holder for item" on every page.
Agreed, it was p-poor. Can't be worse so that fills me with optimism.

AmberRundgren. wrote:Whatever the design of the new kit, can we at least have it in Amber please? Not yellow/gold/orange.
Not something that will bother many I'm sure, but it is the clubs colours, so might be a good idea to wear them?
Which kit do you consider to be the correct colour 'Amber'?.... what year did we wear what you regard as amber? Do you have a picture of that kit?

Chez wrote:
excessbee wrote:But these aren't actually 'football kits' are they?
It says in the post that these are previews of a football league club's kit. The bloke designed ours last year.
So where is the football shirt in that photo?

excessbee wrote:
Chez wrote:
excessbee wrote:But these aren't actually 'football kits' are they?
It says in the post that these are previews of a football league club's kit. The bloke designed ours last year.
So where is the football shirt in that photo?
Is this a trick question? :lol: They are close ups of a shirt and the top right picture is clearly a shirt

AmberRundgren. wrote:Whatever the design of the new kit, can we at least have it in Amber please? Not yellow/gold/orange.
Not something that will bother many I'm sure, but it is the clubs colours, so might be a good idea to wear them?
That is what causes the delay.Kit suppliers send swatches of yellow,gold and orange and the club have to search around to get Amber.Sometimes there isn't Amber available so have to have the nearest.We could solve it by playing in blue or white or perhaps red,then there would be loads to choose from and would get it quicker.Another option would be,if we were like Man U and ordered say half a million replicas every season then suppliers would probably then find the exact shade we require.Unfortunately,the club have a relatively small order so we are some way down the pecking order as well.Of course,no supplier has ever said that we are down their list and just have what's available but,that is fact.