Re: More news at 11.30

Day was a GREAT shot stopper but other aspects of his game didn't improve in the time he was with us , IMO..

His kicking was awful , his command of his area isnt as good as some keepers in the standard we play at and he isnt that great in the air for his size.

IMO 'League One' would be his 'correct level' as I dont believe he is good enough yet without serious coaching for a higher standard.
Remember , before joining us he was 3rd choice at a League One side...They didn't seem to fight hard to keep him once JE had offered a transfer fee

That said if a team from higher up is offering him a wage increase of 2/3/4 times what he is on now to sit on the bench as back up he would be mad to turn it down

Day being 3rd choice at Peterborough is no reflection on the keeper he is now. He's a much better keeper now than when we signed him. He's clearly too good for League Two, which is why he'll be playing further up the pyramid at the start of the season.

DT1892 wrote:Day being 3rd choice at Peterborough is no reflection on the keeper he is now. He's a much better keeper now than when we signed him. He's clearly too good for League Two, which is why he'll be playing further up the pyramid at the start of the season.

IMO , not....He was always a very good shot stopper but other aspects of his game didnt improve even after 4 years of goalkeeper coaching with us..
His kicking hasnt improved
His command of his area hasnt improved much,
His Ariel ability improved but not as much as I would have thought.

Dont get me wrong , he is a V Good at our level but I dont think he is Championship quality

ButchersDog wrote:I thought his kicking/distribution has improved greatly, as he showed at Wembley. Agree he could be a lot better for crosses.
My view was that his distribution and coming for crosses has improved markedly. I was of the view that he was a competent League 2 goalkeeper but no more than that. On what I saw last season I would rate him as an above average League 2 'keeper.

But he is replaceable. As was Mark Byrne, as will be Dan Buttler.