Re: More news at 11.30

I asked a friend who supports AFC Wimbledon for his views of our new signing, and he responded thus:
Struggled in first half of the season for us. League Two probably his level. If had stayed the entire season we would have gone down but then Ramsdale is basically a Premier League goalkeeper. Lots of room to develop but your level is probably right for him at the moment.
Make of that what you will.

rdh2210 wrote:Flynn says he reminds him of a young Joe Day.
Rumours.... and I stress the work RUMOURS are that Joe will be off to a championship club as 2nd choice! QPR and Cardiff are favourites on £5K a week.
I'm not sure of what their exact contract expiry dates are, but we have 4 keepers already: Ingram, Lumley, Dieng & Brzsoski.
I have heard that Seny Dieng is linked with a permanent move to Glasgow Rangers. My mate did text me a few weeks ago with the rumour of Joe Day coming to Loftus Road, and I thought it was unlikely he's get straight into the line-up, so may be better suited elsewhere.
I've said it before on here, as much as Joe is not may favourite GK, he actually IS the kind of keeper we'd sign. I think it's a wild rumour myself, but you never know......
Personally I think the Cardiff City rumour has more legs.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I asked a friend who supports AFC Wimbledon for his views of our new signing, and he responded thus:
Struggled in first half of the season for us. League Two probably his level. If had stayed the entire season we would have gone down but then Ramsdale is basically a Premier League goalkeeper. Lots of room to develop but your level is probably right for him at the moment.
Make of that what you will.
Looking through the data on transfermarkt, the real slump for Wimbledon came after he'd been benched.

12 starts, 5 clean sheets, 4 wins 3 draws 5 losses. For the games he was on the bench, their other keeper had 14 starts, W2 D1 L11, 0 clean sheets.

The data can only tell us so much obviously, but I have a hunch your mate might be blaming the wrong guy!

We'll see, in any case - Flynny likes him and he's done half-decent at finding good players so far.