Re: In Memorium - Justin Edinburgh

Terribly sad news. Justin will long be in our memories and always in the history books for what he did at our little club. Great celebrations at wembley after winning our play off final. Pleased that his beloved Spurs reached a major final. What a great job he did at Orient too. Looking forward to playing Orient now on what should be an emotional day for both sets of fans, players and officials etc. Best wishes to all at Leyton Orient. Thoughts to Justin's family and friends. A top man has gone but will never be forgotten. RIP Justin....

A thought.

Justin Edinburgh has died. For most of us it is sad news but we will carry on with our lives and our every day worries. For his close friends it is very sad news, for those who loved him it is devastating. A few weeks ago Gareth Rowlands died. That touched me more because I had known him for over fifty years. But the loss his wife will be feeling is far greater than anything I will experience at his passing. When I lost my partner to cancer five and a half years ago those that knew rightly expressed their condolences but didn't and couldn't feel my utter devastation. All of us, Gareth, Justin, you and me, will all have known loss, and in our time will die, and our dying will cause terrible pain to the loved ones we will leave behind.

It strikes me that every year, former players, managers, officials and supporters of our club will die. And whether they be managers who led us to promotion or the guy in the wellies and green tracksuit prodding the pitch at half time, all played their part. This is not my idea, it is done by a number of clubs in Ireland. The simple action is that before the first home game of each season a minutes round of applause is held for every single person, however connected to the club, who has left us in the previous year. A minute to reflect on everyone who has passed and a minute to unify us all.

RIP Justin. Forever an indelible part of our club's history for what he achieved, and always been a gentleman. 49 is no age at all and obviously my thoughts go out first and foremost to his family and friends. Sad loss for Orient too, and I for one agree with those suggesting a minute's applause for him at Dave when we meet next season. Also with Brendan's idea above.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:A thought.

Justin Edinburgh has died. For most of us it is sad news but we will carry on with our lives and our every day worries. For his close friends it is very sad news, for those who loved him it is devastating. A few weeks ago Gareth Rowlands died. That touched me more because I had known him for over fifty years. But the loss his wife will be feeling is far greater than anything I will experience at his passing. When I lost my partner to cancer five and a half years ago those that knew rightly expressed their condolences but didn't and couldn't feel my utter devastation. All of us, Gareth, Justin, you and me, will all have known loss, and in our time will die, and our dying will cause terrible pain to the loved ones we will leave behind.

It strikes me that every year, former players, managers, officials and supporters of our club will die. And whether they be managers who led us to promotion or the guy in the wellies and green tracksuit prodding the pitch at half time, all played their part. This is not my idea, it is done by a number of clubs in Ireland. The simple action is that before the first home game of each season a minutes round of applause is held for every single person, however connected to the club, who has left us in the previous year. A minute to reflect on everyone who has passed and a minute to unify us all.
They do this the last home game at Swindon every season. A roll call of former players and fans who have passed away that season are read out during a minutes applause and it’s a very touching gesture I think!