Re: News at 5pm

lowandhard wrote:
JonD wrote:Howkins had a very good first spell at Vale but his second was basically a nonevent due to injury.

If I had one criticism of him it's for his poor choice of friends among teammates. Ahem.
Don’t know who you mean but the injury record isn’t great is it?
He started around one game in three at Port Vale. It's a worry. Though my major worry is around dressing room disharmony.

JonD wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
JonD wrote:Howkins had a very good first spell at Vale but his second was basically a nonevent due to injury.

If I had one criticism of him it's for his poor choice of friends among teammates. Ahem.
Don’t know who you mean but the injury record isn’t great is it?
He started around one game in three at Port Vale. It's a worry. Though my major worry is around dressing room disharmony.
I don't think our management team will let that happen, our strength has been team spirit.

Percy plunkett wrote:Two injuries at Mansfield and Vale and one at Cambridge.Is he a gamble on a two year deal,time will tell.Will players not sign for one year these days.
Lets hope he can stay fit and if so sounds like we've quite a player.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
JonD wrote:
Though my major worry is around dressing room disharmony.
In any workplace there always the danger of disharmony which will adversely affect performance and a dressing room is no exception. Is your concern general or is there a specific reason?
A player's attitude is as important as his playing ability.I'm sure Mike Flynn will have researched this before offering a contract.His judgement in the past has been pretty good.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
JonD wrote:
Though my major worry is around dressing room disharmony.
In any workplace there always the danger of disharmony which will adversely affect performance and a dressing room is no exception. Is your concern general or is there a specific reason?
There's an absolutely specific reason. But, clean slate and all that, let's see how he does.