Re: Conor Washington

rncfc wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Ashurstheros wrote:Would you take him back at the county?
Firstly we couldn't afford him and secondly he's no better than what we already have. Imho of course.
LOL.
I don't know whether he's any better than what we have currently, but I do know that last time I saw him in a Rangers shirt, he was no better than the day he left us. He needed between 8-12 attempts on goal to score - though he was devastating in the pre-match warm up!
Somewhat sadly from my point of view, the last time I saw him was as sub, and people groaned when he came on. If you think Shaun Jeffers/Jennison Myrie-Williams, that was the kind of level of disapproval he had reached towards the end.
He must have a fabulous agent, cos how he managed to land a gig at Sheffield United was truly amazing!

EDIT: My final thought on him, is that taking everything into account, and with Rangers & County tinted spectacles firmly on, I would suggest his perfect move at this time, would be M.K.Dons.

Re: Conor Washington

He's caught in no mans land. Worked his way up to a Championship contract/salary, but can't get in the team. What to do? Take a huge drop in salary and play in League Two where he could be outstanding, or not even be in the shop window and be sidelined? We should make a cheeky offer of a twelve month contract.