Re: Regan Poole

whoareya wrote:
excessbee wrote:The only promoted team to beat us twice, and by far the most unconvincing of the four.
Unconvincing? They ripped us apart up there last season.
I wasn't that impressed, and I'll admit we weren't great. 50/50 possession, goalless at half time and their second goal in the 89th minute.

flat4 wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:They have a manager with a reputation for developing young players.
Some thing MF does not have sadly
Apart from giving Ben White a long run, giving Antoine Semenyo a chance in the shop window, giving Poole a chance for competitive games.

Willthiswork wrote:
flat4 wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:They have a manager with a reputation for developing young players.
Apart from giving Ben White a long run, giving Antoine Semenyo a chance in the shop window, giving Poole a chance for competitive games.
All loan players. The kids in the Academy aren't given any opportunity...

wattsville_boy wrote:As for Regan I'm glad he's going somewhere where he can play regularly. I'm a little surprised that he didn't end up at a Championship team...
In my opinion he is not good enough yet for Championship. He needs to first find his own position, as in his career so far he has played centre half, defensive midfield and with us a lot at right back. He needs a full season in league 1 in one position, then maybe he can take the next step.

Ugo. wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:As for Regan I'm glad he's going somewhere where he can play regularly. I'm a little surprised that he didn't end up at a Championship team...
In my opinion he is not good enough yet for Championship. He needs to first find his own position, as in his career so far he has played centre half, defensive midfield and with us a lot at right back. He needs a full season in league 1 in one position, then maybe he can take the next step.
I wasn't necessarily saying that he's Championship standard yet. Just that if you were the Manager of a side towards the bottom of the Championship last season that he might have been worth a punt...

flat4 wrote:
Will be interesting to see what happens with Touray,Foulston and Collins this season.My guess is come the end of August they will be loaned out to the usual,Barry,Merthyr,Gloucester etc.They really need to be part of our squad now,but will they get the chance.