Re: 2019-20 Squad so far.....

Incidentally, the squad sheet for the Hungerford game today was in numerical order (though lacking the actual numbers). With a couple of tweaks for trialists we can work out the actual squad numbers for the season - so here's my calculations - doesn't look likely Marsh-Brown will be around for long as Sheehan has taken his number!

1 King
2 Leadbitter
3 Haynes
4 Labadie
5 Howkins
6 Stojsavljevic
7 Willmott
8 Dolan
9 Amond
10 Sheehan*
11 Matt
12 Azeez (though was the RB Trialist at Hungerford)
13 NONE (was the CM Trialist at Hungerford)
15 Abrahams
16 Nurse
17 Bennett
18 (Foulston)
19 Touray
20 Whitely
22 Jefferies (Academy) at Hungerford
25 O'Brien
26 Ekpiteta
27 Collins
28 Demetriou
30 Townsend
33 Marsh-Brown*
Last edited by SJG99 on July 29th, 2019, 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ado wrote:Is Kyle Howkins a centre back ? If so we have 5 with Mickey, OB, .Lazar STOJSAVLJEVIC, Marvel EKPITETA. Guess it makes sense as we often play with three centre backs, so enough cover. Leadbitter is a right back, yeah ?
Howkins absolutely looks the part alongside Mickey and seems likely to start against Mansfield. Ekpiteta looked a little tentative second half and played on the right but comfortable on the ball going forward whilst still looking like a defender, if you get what I mean.

Percy plunkett wrote:Flynny was talking about a loan player who is injured but is still interested about.That player is Saikou Janneh of Bristol City who he went to watch Saturday but was injured.If he comes then Touray,as we thought,will be loaned out.
How do you know that then? To know something like that, you must have close contact with either MF or someone close to him at the club.

As an exile I am intriuged by all this information regarding the club. People post on here with all sorts of snippets of information. Me, I know nobody at the club, I get my info mostly from here.

pembsexile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Flynny was talking about a loan player who is injured but is still interested about.That player is Saikou Janneh of Bristol City who he went to watch Saturday but was injured.If he comes then Touray,as we thought,will be loaned out.
How do you know that then? To know something like that, you must have close contact with either MF or someone close to him at the club.

As an exile I am intriuged by all this information regarding the club. People post on here with all sorts of snippets of information. Me, I know nobody at the club, I get my info mostly from here.
I read about that in the Argus. https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... ou-janneh/

Willthiswork wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

I read about that in the Argus. https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... ou-janneh/
Thanks Joe. I shall have to broaden my horizons. I sometimes follow the links to the Argus on here but most times when I log on line to the Argus direct I get lots of ads and secondary sites that pop up that clog up my iPad and render it useless for a while. It’s the price we pay for supposed free media I suppose.

SJG99 wrote:Install an ad blocker, and if the site brings up the "answer some questions" blue box, just refresh the page and it disappears.
Cheers. Can you recommend any? I use an Apple iPad with Safari as my browser. The problem does happen on a lot of newspaper sites that I sometimes log on to, but the Argus is by far the worst.

Amberexile wrote:I haven't seen this elsewhere on the forum so apologies if I've missed it - NEWPORT County AFC have confirmed the season-long loan signing of defender Danny McNamara from Millwall.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... unty-loan/
Just an observation but last season the general consensus on this board was that the weakness in the team, if weakness there be, was in midfield. The summer signings seem to be either forwards or defenders.

A season of route one maybe?

pembsexile wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Install an ad blocker, and if the site brings up the "answer some questions" blue box, just refresh the page and it disappears.
Cheers. Can you recommend any? I use an Apple iPad with Safari as my browser. The problem does happen on a lot of newspaper sites that I sometimes log on to, but the Argus is by far the worst.
If you want to use apple products that's your lookout. No idea! :|

newgroundrodney wrote:UPDATED TO INCLUDE THE SIGNING OF TRISTAN ABRAHAMS ON A TWO YEAR DEAL:

1 Tom KING (GK)
2 D..Scott BENNETT
3 D..Daniel LEADBITTER
4 D..Kyle HOWKINS
5 D..Lazar STOJSAVLJEVIC
6 D..Mark O'BRIEN
7 D..Marvel EKPITETA
8 D..Mickey DEMETRIOU
9 D..Ryan HAYNES
10 M..Josh SHEEHAN
11 M..Joss LABADIE
12 M..Keanu MARSH-BROWN
13 M..Lewis COLLINS
14 M..Matt DOLAN
15 M..Robbie WILLMOTT
16 S..Adebayo AZEEZ
17 S..Corey WHITELEY
18 S..Jamille MATT
19 S..Mamadou TOURAY
20 S..Padraig AMOND
21 S..Tristan ABRAHAMS
22 Nick TOWNSEND (GK)
23 D..George NURSE (Bristol City)
24 Loan No.2
25 Loan No.3
26 Loan No.4
27 Loan No.5

Out on Loan:
1 Jay FOULSTON (Chippenham)

Could someone please update this for me as I am in hospital (not good I'm afraid!) and cant do it via my phone as I'd like..
Thanks, NGR.

UPDATED TO INCLUDE THE SIGNING OF TAYLOR MALONEY ON A ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL: Option January Recall

1Tom KING (GK)
2D..Scott BENNETT
3D..Daniel LEADBITTER
4D..Kyle HOWKINS
5D..Lazar STOJSAVLJEVIC
6D..Mark O'BRIEN
7D..Marvel EKPITETA
8D..Mickey DEMETRIOU
9D..Ryan HAYNES
10M..Josh SHEEHAN
11M..Joss LABADIE
12M..Keanu MARSH-BROWN
13M..Lewis COLLINS
14M..Matt DOLAN
15M..Robbie WILLMOTT
16S..Adebayo AZEEZ
17S..Corey WHITELEY
18S..Jamille MATT
19S..Mamadou TOURAY
20S..Padraig AMOND
21S..Tristan ABRAHAMS
22Nick TOWNSEND (GK)
23D..George NURSE (Bristol City)
24Taylor MALONEY (Charlton Athletic)
25Loan No.3
26Loan No.4
27Loan No.5

Out on Loan:
1Jay FOULSTON (Chippenham)
Last edited by amber&black on August 2nd, 2019, 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.