Re: Strengthen MIDFIELD

A two year contract takes him to 31 years of age, so it is not the end of the world, although I get the point over the two year contract.

The flip side to that is that the players resigning gives us the continuity we have not had since the early 80’s and it also gives the younger fan base the chance to continue to identify with their favourites, which can only be a good thing.

Aldridge and Tynan were with us for 5 seasons , Kevin Moore for 4 and still the 50 years of age + fan base revere them. They helped inject amber into our blood
Last edited by Alan G Bryant on July 4th, 2019, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alan G Bryant wrote:A two year contract takes him to 31 years of age, so it is not the end of the world, although I get the point over the two year contract.

The flip side to that is that the players resigning gives us the continuity we have not had since the early 80’s and it also gives the younger fan base the chance to identify with their favourites, which can only be a good thing.

Aldridge and Tynan were with us for 5 seasons , Kevin Moore for, still the 50+ fan base revere them and they helped inject amber in our blood
You make three points.

I agree with all of them.

I think I will go and have a little lie down. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:A two year contract takes him to 31 years of age, so it is not the end of the world, although I get the point over the two year contract.

The flip side to that is that the players resigning gives us the continuity we have not had since the early 80’s and it also gives the younger fan base the chance to identify with their favourites, which can only be a good thing.

Aldridge and Tynan were with us for 5 seasons , Kevin Moore for, still the 50+ fan base revere them and they helped inject amber in our blood
You make three points.

Why don't you take a BIG lie down , Bren ?! :grin:

Corpaboy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

You make three points.

Why don't you take a BIG lie down , Bren ?! :grin:

:grin:

Great post Somerton, and great explanation for some of our 'woes' - We definitely need more creation from midfield, Dolan no where near up to the job imho. I agree, for me we need poss too more in the passing and shooting bracket, go forward and link up play and goals brackets.
But tbh, if i'm honest I think Flynny has found his formula and it ain't pretty, but brings results. And for once I'm with Stan on this one, Labs is too injury and ill disciplined prone to play a proper part in a full season.

We could have a bit of fun here. I like Labs, but I agree with some of the other posters about his injuries and suspensions etc. How many full league games do people think he will have, and how many games will he be taken off due to being injured or yellow carded.

I reckon 28 full league games, (I will be pleased at that)
6 games taken off as being subbed.
3 games coming on as a sub.
Injured/ suspended the rest.

Just a bit of fun, I actually think he is the best player at the club at the moment.

Labadie may be prone to injury and lives on the edge with referees but it sounds like plenty of clubs were willing to take him off our hands. I think it’s fantastic that he’s signed and, taking some of Flynn’s comments into account, it sounds like he’s a good influence in the changing rooms. Had I been good enough a player I’d have loved to have gone into battle with someone like Labadie alongside me.

pembsexile wrote:We could have a bit of fun here. I like Labs, but I agree with some of the other posters about his injuries and suspensions etc. How many full league games do people think he will have, and how many games will he be taken off due to being injured or yellow carded.

I reckon 28 full league games, (I will be pleased at that)
6 games taken off as being subbed.
3 games coming on as a sub.
Injured/ suspended the rest.

Just a bit of fun, I actually think he is the best player at the club at the moment.
Start 30 , finish 20, 2 subs, rest injured/ suspended. Tbh I’m still glad he’s here though, if he was more reliable we couldn’t afford him.

The NCFC Hippy wrote:But tbh, if i'm honest I think Flynny has found his formula and it ain't pretty, but brings results. And for once I'm with Stan on this one, Labs is too injury and ill disciplined prone to play a proper part in a full season.
Yeah, that's exactly how I see it. Why sign a load of midfield talent to sit on the bench every week?

I don't think there's many who'd disagree with that, though. However the near-constant churn in midfield is a worry. Do we sign a JL-wannabe to cover the twenty games he will miss, or alter our style, or what? I don't think we really have that worked out.