Re: Newport Co. v Al-Ahly, full match, Arabic commentary

Divine Wright wrote:Hearing a lot of "Newport County , Al Inglese" which I'm pretty sure means ....the English.

Their commentator is about as well informed as an ITV commentator.

:evil:
in footballing terms Newport County ARE English, and should actually fall under English jurisdiction in my view, but that's for another thread for another day. Maybe the commentator was more astute than given credit for. He also called Tom King, 'King Kong' on a few occasions.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Divine Wright wrote:Hearing a lot of "Newport County , Al Inglese" which I'm pretty sure means ....the English.

in footballing terms Newport County ARE English, and should actually fall under English jurisdiction in my view, but that's for another thread for another day. Maybe the commentator was more astute than given credit for. He also called Tom King, 'King Kong' on a few occasions.
The fans, and their cultural identity, ARE the club.

newgroundrodney wrote:

Falling under English jurisdiction and being English are 2 separate things. I agree that we should be under the English FA but that doesn't make us an English club, we are a Welsh club playing in an English league

Google translate Arabic to English (couldnt do it to Welsh) has Al Inglese as "The government's ability to support the government's ability to support" not sure what that means though !
In Italian it means "To English".....take your choice.