Re: Azeez.....

Newport_Newbie wrote:Who could be available on loan for 3 months TIL he’s back? Would love to see Semenyo back but surely that’s never happening
Maybe Connor Lemonheigh Evans from Bristol City would be a good player to look at. Our relationship with them must be good as we have loaned in a few of their youngsters over the past 2 seasons

Newport_Newbie wrote:Who could be available on loan for 3 months TIL he’s back? Would love to see Semenyo back but surely that’s never happening
More likely 6 months I would have thought , anyway more likely a longer loan than 3 months - that wouldn’t give him long to get acclimatised and settled in to the team properly.

neilcork68 wrote:Are three month loans still available ?
I thought the FA changed the rules to 1 month , 6 months or full season loans only ??????

I may be wrong but I am sure I read somewhere they were changing the loan market rules
Only 6 months or full season are permitted now in league football, been like that for 2 seasons hence our loans over that time

Percy plunkett wrote:It seems to be 6 month or season long loans these days.
That's correct: https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ef ... --players/
EFL Website wrote:55 Standard Loans

55.1 Subject to the provisions of Regulation 54, Standard Loan transfers shall only be approved in accordance with following provisions:

55.1.1 subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season;

55.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the Winter Transfer Window;

Guidance

The EFL will permit Clubs to amend standard loan agreements to include an early termination clause where this was omitted from the original agreement.

55.1.3 any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed:

(a) after the expiry of 28 days; and

(b) only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 55.1.4 below) unless otherwise agreed by the League in its absolute discretion (subject to such conditions as the League deems appropriate);

Guidance

An example of the circumstances in which the League might exercise its discretion is where a Player on a Standard Loan is unable to represent the Club temporarily holding his registration for the remainder of the loan, e.g. due to a long-term injury or other reasons having the same effect. In such circumstances, The League might approve the termination of the Standard Loan on the condition that the Player is prohibited from making any first team appearances at the Club with which he re-registers.

55.1.4 A Player whose Standard Loan expires (or terminates) at the end of the Season of the Transferee Club but prior to the completion of the League Matches of his Transferor Club (where it is a Member Club) will not be eligible to play in any remaining League Matches for the Transferor Club in that Season;

Guidance

Examples where this may apply are (a) differential season ends for different divisions or (b) a player finishing a loan and his ‘parent club’ has qualified for the play-off competitions.
Basically you can have or not have a recall clause for a loan, you can add a recall clause if everyone agrees, you can only recall players with recall clauses during the winter transfer window and players have to be on loan for at least 28 days no matter what. And also if you've been on loan and your original club makes the playoffs when the club you've been on loan to doesn't, you still can't play for your original club in the playoffs.

neilcork68 wrote:Are three month loans still available ?
I thought the FA changed the rules to 1 month , 6 months or full season loans only ??????

I may be wrong but I am sure I read somewhere they were changing the loan market rules
It's been a couple of years since they got rid of the 90 day thing, the only things they've changed this summer and last was when the actual Transfer Window closes - last year everyone wrapped up at the same time prior to the Premier League starting, this year Prem and Championship are early August prior to the start of the Prem season, and the window for the rest is the end of August.

NB the rules for goalkeepers are different due to emergencies, and the international loan rules are very slightly different but not in any significant way.

Fortunately Azeez is only on his original contract from January as far as I can tell? So I assume we aren't tied down if he doesn't come back well from injury.

Still, we paid a fee, I remember the Cambridge fans laughing at us for that decision at the time. Let's hope that doesn't turn out to be a bad decision...

UppaPort wrote:
Maybe Connor Lemonheigh Evans from Bristol City would be a good player to look at. Our relationship with them must be good as we have loaned in a few of their youngsters over the past 2 seasons
Just saw on Twitter that Connor Lemonheigh Evans was one of our trialists from tonight’s match