Re: Azeez.....

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Incredibly, despite us being light up front and Azeez being injured, Flynn has indicated that Touray might go out on loan again. The wrong decision for me - he's earned his chance and we're not exactly spoilt for choice with other options. He can't be on a big wage, so surely give him until the end of the year and a few starts so he can show what he can do?
Four in, one out... based on the praise, surely it's not going to be Collins going out. I can only assume Touray hasn't impressed in training but would be a shame if so.

Wage budget must be tight if we need to ship out young players just to bring in some more signings?

I do hope we bring in a football league ready midfielder and striker though, even if they're old or out of form.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Incredibly, despite us being light up front and Azeez being injured, Flynn has indicated that Touray might go out on loan again. The wrong decision for me - he's earned his chance and we're not exactly spoilt for choice with other options. He can't be on a big wage, so surely give him until the end of the year and a few starts so he can show what he can do?
How can you be sure he has earned his chance. You do not earn a chance by just been at training you have to perform and demonstrate an ability and / or attitude the manager can trust and believes in. If he is not good enough he is not good enough Fylnn will know and if he is not he will not play him he may as well go out on loan.

County Ranger: none of us see what Flynn sees at training and behind the scenes, it's true, and obviously he'll be the one who makes that decision whatever we might think. But we're all entitled to our views and this is the right forum in which to express them politely and respectfully.

On Touray, my view is he more than proved himself worthy of a chance with his scintillating season last year at Barry Town. Granted, it's a step up to play for County, but until you put him out in a competitive match against Div 4 players, you can't know for certain. From what I saw of him last year, he's a live wire and knows where the goal is - exactly the sort of player, in fact, we now find ourselves needing given Azeez's injury.

My argument is that it would be foolish to loan him out again and bring someone else in when we have a decent young prospect on our hands. It'd be nice to develop our own youngsters and sell them on rather than always be developing someone else's (usually Brizzle City's) for a season on loan.

DPT wrote:Assumed it was Keanu Marsh-Brown who he wants to ship out.
That would be my assumption too, but it could be Touray purely because last season he was reportedly told to improve his fitness and if he hasn't then Flynn's patience may have worn thin.

But working on the assumption that it is KMB (and hopefully to American MLS) then the 4 incoming could be 2 further midfield and 2 strikers. I would further assume that these would be loans but if some of the current trialists are non-league they may be allowed to join with a sizeable sell-on clause.

wattsville_boy wrote:
That would be my assumption too, but it could be Touray purely because last season he was reportedly told to improve his fitness and if he hasn't then Flynn's patience may have worn thin.

But working on the assumption that it is KMB (and hopefully to American MLS) then the 4 incoming could be 2 further midfield and 2 strikers. I would further assume that these would be loans but if some of the current trialists are non-league they may be allowed to join with a sizeable sell-on clause.

I assume rather that Touray it will be someone on a decent wage (KMB) as doesn’t Flynny say something along the lines of he’s looking to bring in 4 players but if he can’t shift the player he wants out it’ll only be one or two?

Exile 1976 wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

I assume rather that Touray it will be someone on a decent wage (KMB) as doesn’t Flynny say something along the lines of he’s looking to bring in 4 players but if he can’t shift the player he wants out it’ll only be one or two?
Which makes it more likely to be KMB. Perhaps Flynn is expecting a little bit of money from the sale, which again would point to KMB and MLS...

I merely mentioned Touray because of the comment about fitness levels and Flynn made mention of "time-wasters". I suspect Barry Town United was a good experience for Touray, that he has taken on-board the fitness issue and is closer to the player that Flynn wants in or around his match day squad.

I want to see some of these youngsters coming through. Whatever is halting their development needs to addressed because it's a vital source of potential revenue (or cost savings) not being utilised...

wattsville_boy wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

Which makes it more likely to be KMB. Perhaps Flynn is expecting a little bit of money from the sale, which again would point to KMB and MLS...

I merely mentioned Touray because of the comment about fitness levels and Flynn made mention of "time-wasters". I suspect Barry Town United was a good experience for Touray, that he has taken on-board the fitness issue and is closer to the player that Flynn wants in or around his match day squad.

I want to see some of these youngsters coming through. Whatever is halting their development needs to addressed because it's a vital source of potential revenue (or cost savings) not being utilised...

Yep. I also kind of thought it might be Touray as well because Flynny sings Lewis Collins’ praises but says nowt about him.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:County Ranger: none of us see what Flynn sees at training and behind the scenes, it's true, and obviously he'll be the one who makes that decision whatever we might think. But we're all entitled to our views and this is the right forum in which to express them politely and respectfully.

On Touray, my view is he more than proved himself worthy of a chance with his scintillating season last year at Barry Town. Granted, it's a step up to play for County, but until you put him out in a competitive match against Div 4 players, you can't know for certain. From what I saw of him last year, he's a live wire and knows where the goal is - exactly the sort of player, in fact, we now find ourselves needing given Azeez's injury.

My argument is that it would be foolish to loan him out again and bring someone else in when we have a decent young prospect on our hands. It'd be nice to develop our own youngsters and sell them on rather than always be developing someone else's (usually Brizzle City's) for a season on loan.
As you say it is a big step up from Barry to league football and Touray has had his attitude questioned publicly by Flynn on more than one occasion. I would have thought that before a public dressing down there are many private ones which are not listened to. He may be quick but has to show the right attitude.
If the players in the academy were of the right standard I am sure they would emerge into the first team - the questions that need to be asked is why we have not seen a home grown player emerge since Andrew Hughes I believe the others to make it have all arrived late into the academy from other clubs (Evans, Poole, Collins). The 4-0 loss to Caerleon does not give much confidence in current batch.

There were four lads at Shrewsbury who didn't play at Caerleon.These are the ones at the top of the list so far.There may be one or two who played at Caerleon who could come through but,if their team mates were below standard then they were unable to turn that game around.

I agree Touray has shown enough in pre-season to deserve to stay with the squad - looks sharp, keen to impress, linking play well, not afraid to shoot. He could be a decent late sub to replace Matt when he starts to labour.

I heard that since touray come back he had a chip on his shoulder he was sent out last season told to use his game time to show what he can do and get fitter and he had a great season but has come back with attitude dont know how true this is seems a decent lad