Re: Ollie mcburnie

UPTHEPORT wrote:
chepstowamber wrote:We would have been quids in if we signed him after the loan spell. I'll never forget his 3 second half goals after coming on as a sub against Luton.
Chris

How could we have signed him mate the lad was to good for us
We didn't know at the time he was too good for us and he was very young and not getting first team football at Swansea.
Chris

chepstowamber wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
chepstowamber wrote:We would have been quids in if we signed him after the loan spell. I'll never forget his 3 second half goals after coming on as a sub against Luton.
Chris

How could we have signed him mate the lad was to good for us
We didn't know at the time he was too good for us and he was very young and not getting first team football at Swansea.
Chris

Not a chance in hell. Was very highly rated at Swansea and when he came to us he was 4 months into a 3year contract with them

Percy plunkett wrote:He is a good Championship player but,£15m,not worth that.
Southampton just spent about £15M on Che Adams who scored 22 goals in 46 games in the same division and had 3 years left on his contract. McBurnie also scored 22 goals (in 42) and only has 2 years left on his deal so should by rights be less than Adams - though Sheffield United's desire to prop up their strike force with a player they must think is good enough means Swansea might be able to push the price up. But tbh all logic says he's worth about £12M in the current market (though I will say I thought Adams was undervalued).

I remain convinced that Swansea recalled him because they were not happy for him to be playing on our terrible pitch. The risk of injury was too great. His loan spell was shortly after the early season, half decent surface phase had passed. It wasn't about the level of football because later in the season he went to Bristol Rovers.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:He is a good Championship player but,£15m,not worth that.
A player, like a house is worth what somebody else is prepared to pay.
This might be the first time I've agreed with something you've said on here, Brendan :D