Re: Trust Elections

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Apologies if it's been said before already, but the world is run by the people who turn up. If no-one else put themselves forward, we can't really complain about those who did and who are giving up their time to help the club.

Now, there is an argument that directors should only be eligible to serve for X years, in order to force turnover and new ideas, and to make the membership at large feel emboldened to put themselves forward. I'm sympathetic to that view, personally. But that's not in the constitution we have, and so I'm not going to criticise the same people for sticking at it - especially if there are no alternative candidates willing to put their head above the parapet.
An eminently sensible appraisal of the situation IMO

landinho wrote:Seeing as there were so many people who claimed not to receive the elections emails, here's a copy, wouldn't want anyone missing out :wink:

copy of the statements here: https://imgur.com/a/fWuUptY
Guess What?

No e mail received again and nothing in Spam!!

Logged onto trust site, account okay so still a member.

Have mailed asking why I am not getting any correspondence.

The 2 new directors look like very good additions.

I really hope they last the pace and push the Commercial side which is IMO performing badly.

Good morning Harps.You did say that you haven't paid into the bronze/silver/gold trust membership.That means that you are not a current trust member,therefore you will not get emails.You did say that your payment expires in August.I am guessing that last August you just renewed your £10 a year old membership.You would have had emails asking you to cancel that payment and join the new system,it seems that you ignored these requests and expected the £10 fee to cover you as a trust member.

Percy plunkett wrote:Good morning Harps.You did say that you haven't paid into the bronze/silver/gold trust membership.That means that you are not a current trust member,therefore you will not get emails.You did say that your payment expires in August.I am guessing that last August you just renewed your £10 a year old membership.You would have had emails asking you to cancel that payment and join the new system,it seems that you ignored these requests and expected the £10 fee to cover you as a trust member.
Percy.

I have one user name on this forum.

Its Frank Nouble 3

You are incorrect in that assumption.

When I was in the queue for the Man City game my trust number was checked and I was told its due for renewal in August.

I have logged onto the site using my membership number and I am active still as its not August yet!!

Anyway like I said until openness starts and Commercial Dept start actually running as a Commercial Dept regrettably apart from my season tickets no more funds.

Frank,I am a dinosaur when it comes to IT issues.I'm guessing that your £10 was logged and left on the database but removed you from getting updates like the rest of us.Some fans have a platinum membership costing £240,you can't expect to get the same benefits for just £10.As for not renewing your membership funds,you are in effect reducing the funds available to the club to pay bills or give Flynny a bigger budget.If that sits easy with you that's for you to decide.As for openness,what is it that you want to know?.There was a AGM recently where the results of that meeting were displayed on the club and trust websites and discussed on here.What else do you want to know.

Percy plunkett wrote:Some fans have a platinum membership costing £240,you can't expect to get the same benefits for just £10.
He is entitled to the benefits he was promised when he paid £10 in August 2018 and will remain entitled to those benefits until August 2019.

If one of those benefits was receiving emails with respect to the trust elections then he is entitled to receive them. It really is that simple.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Some fans have a platinum membership costing £240,you can't expect to get the same benefits for just £10.
He is entitled to the benefits he was promised when he paid £10 in August 2018 and will remain entitled to those benefits until August 2019.

If one of those benefits was receiving emails with respect to the trust elections then he is entitled to receive them. It really is that simple.
How do you get the £240 cost for Platinum Membership?.... I'm on Gold, which is £20 p/month = £240.
Platinum is £50 p/month = £600

Hello Brendan.I did make one error,£240 is for gold membership,Platinum is even more.He and everyone would have had emails to say that the £10 a year membership is discontinued and to cancel direct debits and move to the new system.There seems to be an anomaly where Harps has remained a member in name only without the benefits.

Frank,
This (lack of) email problem has obviously been ongoing. There is usually a trust representative in the tent before matches, often helping supporters transfer from the £10 per annum scheme to the Bronze or higher memberships. I appreciate that you do not wish to give more than £10 a year to the trust, but maybe you could alert them in person to the communication issue. Ignore this if you have already done so.

Excess/ Percy.
Have e mailed this morning.
Happy to put the reply on here when it arrives

Percy regarding open ness you have to be kidding.

Is it well over a year now or maybe less since we lost the club shop on the ground. No idea why or what is happening.

What is the current situation with the WRU.

Do we get any revenue from the marquee etc.

So many things nobody has a clue about apart from the board.

We only get a quarterly meeting when it appears contributors kick off on here.

2 years ago I asked directly at one of our meetings to Shaun as GF did not show up "Why is there such a lack of openness" and all those present will know he apologised and said things will improve

Zero improvement.

I love the club and am more than willing to put far more funds in but not under the current situation when for example the Commercial Dept basically haven't got a clue.

Cheers

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Excess/ Percy.
Have e mailed this morning.
Happy to put the reply on here when it arrives
That's my point...... If the problem is receiving emails (or maybe the ones you send not getting through) maybe speaking to someone in person may be the answer.

Percy plunkett wrote:Hello Brendan.I did make one error,£240 is for gold membership,Platinum is even more.He and everyone would have had emails to say that the £10 a year membership is discontinued and to cancel direct debits and move to the new system.There seems to be an anomaly where Harps has remained a member in name only without the benefits.
When Frank handed over his £10 he entered into a contract. That £10's was in consideration for the benefits he was promised in August 2018 and runs until August 2019. It is all very well you saying he and others would have received emails but the sad fact is he and others have told you they didn't.

But pause for a moment. Imagine you had paid me £10 for my copy of the 1977 Workington programme. I then send you an email saying I'm no longer going to send you that programme unless you pay me £240. I'm keeping your £10 by the way.

See the problem now?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Hello Brendan.I did make one error,£240 is for gold membership,Platinum is even more.He and everyone would have had emails to say that the £10 a year membership is discontinued and to cancel direct debits and move to the new system.There seems to be an anomaly where Harps has remained a member in name only without the benefits.
When Frank handed over his £10 he entered into a contract. That £10's was in consideration for the benefits he was promised in August 2018 and runs until August 2019. It is all very well you saying he and others would have received emails but the sad fact is he and others have told you they didn't.

But pause for a moment. Imagine you had paid me £10 for my copy of the 1977 Workington programme. I then send you an email saying I'm no longer going to send you that programme unless you pay me £240. I'm keeping your £10 by the way.

See the problem now?
Stating the obvious but well explained Stan hopefully it will be grasped now

regards