Re: Trust Elections

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:I received all the e mails and I wonder how many of the moaners would have entered the election - if you don’t like the direction of travel get involved do something about it rather than moan.
Take a look at where the club is and what has been achieved then I suggest I you take a good look at yourself if you are still moaning I doubt you will ever have a good word to say.
Another pathetic last line.
Grow up.
The club on the field are doing great.
Without the Cup run it would be a different scenario.
Repeating thanks to Flynny and his back ups.
So its moaning stating that 2 weeks is not long enogh to get possible candidates interested.
So its moaning stating despite being a current trust member that I received zero e mails relating to the election.

Have pretty sure put far more capital into this club than you have Ranger so just knock off the insults.
To repeat I wish all 5 well but it was not the correct way to run an election.
From my running tally... it's 0.33% of members who have had an issue with emails.

If you didn't receive the elections emails, then likely you haven't been receiving regular season trust emails all year? No agm minutes etc? How come you only unhappy now, and not 6-12 months ago?

As I said, if people have an issue with the trust, 01633 415376. It's easy to fix if you're bothered - but it's not a big conspiracy.

In any Democratic set up you need opposition.

In any election you need competition.

Nobody has mentioned a conspiracy Landinho.

Where do you get 0.33% from clearly Maths is not your forte?

The last notice for an election was 3 weeks this time it appears just over 2.

Every club has lackys who think everything is a bed of Roses. (eg Bryant).

What a totally boring forum this would be if we all agreed on everything.

Saying that the likes of Bryant and a few others would love that.

Lets hope somebody gets a grip on our Commercial Dept over the coming months, although again the Lackys cannot foresee any problems now or any time in the future.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:In any Democratic set up you need opposition.

Lets hope somebody gets a grip on our Commercial Dept over the coming months, although again the Lackys cannot foresee any problems now or any time in the future.
The reality is, nobody put their hand up to run. Doesn't exactly suggest people are riled up and unhappy, unlike this forum. But it's ironic to complain, and then not being willing to run?

The club gave 18 days to candidates to plan to run. I've found 0.33% - five people of the 1,500 trust members. There's about four complainers on here and one woman on the County Chat page. Not exactly an army.

Who are we lackeys for? What's wrong with backing a board of volunteers who travel home and away, buy their own season tickets, put their own funds into the club, and get no major shareholding or salary from it?

I know the board need to get better at engaging with fans. I'll be offering to volunteer with that if possible this season. But if they're unpaid, we can't expect them to be Premier League level directors.

landinho wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:In any Democratic set up you need opposition.

The reality is, nobody put their hand up to run. Doesn't exactly suggest people are riled up and unhappy, unlike this forum. But it's ironic to complain, and then not being willing to run?

The club gave 18 days to candidates to plan to run. I've found 0.33% - five people of the 1,500 trust members. There's about four complainers on here and one woman on the County Chat page. Not exactly an army.

Who are we lackeys for? What's wrong with backing a board of volunteers who travel home and away, buy their own season tickets, put their own funds into the club, and get no major shareholding or salary from it?

I know the board need to get better at engaging with fans. I'll be offering to volunteer with that if possible this season. But if they're unpaid, we can't expect them to be Premier League level directors.
Look I’ve got no axe to grind, I had no intention of standing. However, your point about 0.33% is nonsense, not many fans use this board regularly especially at this time of the year. Again , not all fans are Trust members. I agree with you that most fans seem generally content with matters though that contentment does certainly not extend to our commercial operations if the comments sporadically appearing on Facebook and this board are anything to go by. As I said, I had no interest in standing but to attract a wide and varied group of candidates it might have been an idea to have had a longer “recruitment “ period for potential directors and maybe used our press partner to publicise the impending election over a more extended time period.

landinho wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:I received all the e mails and I wonder how many of the moaners would have entered the election - if you don’t like the direction of travel get involved do something about it rather than moan.
Take a look at where the club is and what has been achieved then I suggest I you take a good look at yourself if you are still moaning I doubt you will ever have a good word to say.
Another pathetic last line.
Grow up.
The club on the field are doing great.
Without the Cup run it would be a different scenario.
Repeating thanks to Flynny and his back ups.
So its moaning stating that 2 weeks is not long enogh to get possible candidates interested.
So its moaning stating despite being a current trust member that I received zero e mails relating to the election.

Have pretty sure put far more capital into this club than you have Ranger so just knock off the insults.
To repeat I wish all 5 well but it was not the correct way to run an election.
From my running tally... it's 0.33% of members who have had an issue with emails.

If you didn't receive the elections emails, then likely you haven't been receiving regular season trust emails all year? No agm minutes etc? How come you only unhappy now, and not 6-12 months ago?

As I said, if people have an issue with the trust, 01633 415376. It's easy to fix if you're bothered - but it's not a big conspiracy.
A patronising comment. Presumably that would be 0.33% of members who use this board so hardly representative. Re your comments about not noticing lack of emails - the reason I've only just noticed is we've just come out the other side of 9 months of serious illness and death of a close friend + potential serious illness of family. To be honest, searching for Trust emails and wondering why I didn't receive any wasn't high on my agenda.

Like my friend from Malpas states a daft comment trying to say only 0.33% of trust members did not receive the e mails.
You know all the 1490 other members received them then.?
To get the best candidates the position should of been placed at least in the Argus and not on social Media and for at least a month to get the word around.
The biggest problem by a mile for our club is the lack of Commercial leadership and lack of openness .
Clearly those already in position are not up to the task as the Commercial Dept continue to plod along.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Like my friend from Malpas states a daft comment trying to say only 0.33% of trust members did not receive the e mails.
You know all the 1490 other members received them then.?
To get the best candidates the position should of been placed at least in the Argus and not on social Media and for at least a month to get the word around.
The biggest problem by a mile for our club is the lack of Commercial leadership and lack of openness .
Clearly those already in position are not up to the task as the Commercial Dept continue to plod along.

It was in the Argus , it was on FB, Twitter, at the Trust meeting etc... anyone that was interested could/should have known about it. As usual though we have too many fans that prefer to tell others how to run (and not run) our club via the message board.

westsider wrote: A patronising comment. Presumably that would be 0.33% of members who use this board so hardly representative. Re your comments about not noticing lack of emails - the reason I've only just noticed is we've just come out the other side of 9 months of serious illness and death of a close friend + potential serious illness of family. To be honest, searching for Trust emails and wondering why I didn't receive any wasn't high on my agenda.
Sorry to hear about your illness and recent loss.
0.33% is from the club FB page, twitter, here, the FB group, the Argus comments.
I can't find any more anywhere so far. 5 people.

Therefore 1,495 fans either
a) got the emails or
b) didn't get them, but don't mind / don't realise.

If the club don't hear from people about problems, how are they meant to fix them??
lowandhard wrote:Again , not all fans are Trust members. I agree with you that most fans seem generally content with matters though that contentment does certainly not extend to our commercial operations if the comments sporadically appearing on Facebook and this board are anything to go by.
People need to join the trust. If you have a problem, it's the fastest way to get a solution. It's democratic (unlike having an anonymous millionaire owner) and is cheap and easy to join. Regular meetings help with accountability.

On commercial stuff, we have a full time professional commercial manager, 10 years experience in sales and football sponsorship including for the FAW. Sounds good to me. What would you change?

landinho wrote: On commercial stuff, we have a full time professional commercial manager, 10 years experience in sales and football sponsorship including for the FAW. Sounds good to me. What would you change?
For he and the COO to be left to do the job they're extensively qualified in, without daily delay and interference from a 'Chairman' with no actual experience in the field?

Lets get real folks.
We have had so many Commercial Managers and COO's/CEO's.
Some good some terrible but none appear to be able to work with our Chairman.
Following the election nothing will change.
Lets be fair apart from the inner sanctum the rest are there to make up the numbers (legal requirement).
I still wish them well
Last season thanks to a superb cup run it worked.
Lets all pray for a similar scenario this year.