Trust Elections

From twitter:-
Trust Board elections 2019 outcome

Newport County AFC Supporters’ Trust formally notified Trust members on June 27 of the intention to hold elections in August to fill 5 vacant positions on the Supporters Trust Board.

Since then, the Trust has published full details of the election process online and via social media along with a guide to the duties and responsibilities of directors. A dedicated email address was set up for all election queries, including candidate nominations and postal vote requests.

As at 5pm on July 15, the deadline for candidate nominations, valid candidate nominations had been received from the following Trust members:

Kelly Anderson
Mike Everett
Gavin Foxall
Shaun Johnson
Paul Marks
For clarity, no invalid nominations were received.

As was explained at the launch of the process, if the number of valid candidates is the same or less than the number of vacancies then they are to be elected unopposed.

Therefore, the Trust can now announce that all five candidates have been duly elected unopposed to the Trust Board.

Mike, Gavin and Shaun will be serving their second terms of office and are already well known to Trust members and supporters.

Kelly and Paul will be new members of the Trust Board and we are sure all members will congratulate them on their appointments. Both will need to pass the EFL’s Fit and Proper Persons’ Test before being appointed as directors of the football club.

We will be publishing the election statements of both Kelly and Paul later this week, to ensure they are introduced properly to Trust members and the wider supporter base of the club.

The Trust wishes to thank Colin Everett for his invaluable advice and support during the election process.

Re: Trust Elections

What a total farce
Being a trust member this is the first I have heard of this election.
Just a couple of weeks to get anybody up for election.
No competition so all tucked up nicely with no competition.
No idea who the 2 new fellas are.
We will here from them but what ever they say it's all done and dusted.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:What a total farce

Give over ffs Harps. It’s been well publicised but as usual the vast majority of the people of Newport (well, Newport County fans) don’t want to take it on. So much easier to criticise those that actually do.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:What a total farce

Give over ffs Harps. It’s been well publicised but as usual the vast majority of the people of Newport (well, Newport County fans) don’t want to take it on. So much easier to criticise those that actually do.
Agree , it seems most supporters are quite content with how the club is being managed.

Just 2 weeks to get interested parties.
It's not the way it should be done
Bryant you are on the board already or somebody's lacky
Nothing against the 5 nominated but for goodness sake should of been far longer notice especially at holiday time.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just 2 weeks to get interested parties.
It's not the way it should be done
Bryant you are on the board already or somebody's lacky
Nothing against the 5 nominated but for goodness sake should of been far longer notice especially at holiday time.
Do you ever say anything positive if everything makes you so unhappy you really should find something else to do. Anybody wishing to stand would have been well prepared and it has been very well publicised so your comment have no foundation. As usual, few people wish to stand up and make a difference and I for one appreciate their efforts and wish them continued success. Cup run, play off final, retaining the majority of the squad, retaining an increasingly highly rated manager and you moan - I think the words you are looking for are well done!

Percy plunkett wrote:Harps,if you are a Trust member,you would have had an email like myself and I had my notification on June 27,plenty of time to submit an interest.
Well I’m a Trust member and have not had any notification, perhaps there are others.

I guess the point being made is that we want people on the Board with the appropriate skills to take the business forward, and not just to make up numbers. Now it may be that Kelly Anderson and Paul Marks possess the necessary competencies, and as I believe it is a mandatory requirement for a CV to be submitted with nominations, then it is not asking a lot for these to made available before any coronation.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Harps,if you are a Trust member,you would have had an email like myself and I had my notification on June 27,plenty of time to submit an interest.
Well I’m a Trust member and have not had any notification, perhaps there are others.

I guess the point being made is that we want people on the Board with the appropriate skills to take the business forward, and not just to make up numbers. Now it may be that Kelly Anderson and Paul Marks possess the necessary competencies, and as I believe it is a mandatory requirement for a CV to be submitted with nominations, then it is not asking a lot for these to made available before any coronation.
I agree , we do need the appropriate people on the board to take the business forward. It is just so unfortunate that they keep missing the elections.

The situation was explained this time as in the past.It needs more than the five vacancies to trigger an election,if there not more,then the five get elected provided they meet the fit and proper persons test.As ever,there are very few fans willing to devote the time and effort required to do the job.I don't know the two new names but I commend them for coming forward and offering their skills.

Our success is down to Flynny, Wayne and Lennie
If people new where vital funds have been blown on hospitialty etc maybe you would have a 're think.
Anyway looks like Flynny has a decent squad and a good season ahead regardless of any competition for places.
Ranger your first sentence is a total jokeby the way

I do find it mildly amusing that when Feeney and Westley were making a hash of things, it was the fault of the board. The success, however, is all down to Flynn, nothing to do with the board who paid his uefa badges and created a role for him to keep him at your club. It is a pity some people have a memory of a goldfish.

Before I get the usual fusillade from the lackeys, let me say it makes no odds to me as I had no intention of standing for election and maybe I’m one of the few who had no idea these elections were being held but it hardly seems there was much publicity of this event. I’m a Trust member and didn’t receive an email concerning them either so I suspect there are many who could have contributed but because of the lack of publicity, will now be unable to do so because of the fait accompli. I can’t even find a mention of them on this messageboard. It reminded me of some job applications where the successful candidate is already known to be successful by the employing authority before the interviews take place :grin: . Anyway , best of luck to those who have been “ elected “, I’m sure you’ll all make a valuable contribution to our club and bring the qualities we need to face the future.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:

I had a feeling you wouldn’t have received the email.
Anyhoo, of course we all want/need ‘people on the Board with the appropriate skills to take this club forward’, however we don’t seem to have too many of these type of people putting themselves forward. In fairness that is a real shame as we seemingly have no end of people on this message board alone that believe they’d be able to run this club a lot better than those that are doing so.