Re: Well done the FA

Last time I saw Rashid, she was running the line over by the Bisley. I can't recall who we were playing, but it was the game when the referee had a real bad game. Really controversial decisions. I remember thinking Lisa must have been happy to stay out on the wing and leave him to **** it up all by himself.

I don't think gender makes much difference when it comes to officiating. Unlike the matches where there's a physical dimension missing from the women's game compared to the men's, anyone of any gender can learn laws and judge what's happening in front of them based on that, and you don't need to be super-fit, just competent and unbiased.

SJG99 wrote:I don't think gender makes much difference when it comes to officiating. Unlike the matches where there's a physical dimension missing from the women's game compared to the men's, anyone of any gender can learn laws and judge what's happening in front of them based on that, and you don't need to be super-fit, just competent and unbiased.
I believe you should have played the game as we mind even at park level to have an understanding of players reactions etc

UPTHEPORT wrote:
SJG99 wrote:I don't think gender makes much difference when it comes to officiating. Unlike the matches where there's a physical dimension missing from the women's game compared to the men's, anyone of any gender can learn laws and judge what's happening in front of them based on that, and you don't need to be super-fit, just competent and unbiased.
I believe you should have played the game as we mind even at park level to have an understanding of players reactions etc
It would be interesting to see some case studies. Though there are plenty of opportunities for women to play nowadays too.