Re: Clubs In Trouble

whoareya wrote:They will swerve it somehow - probably be relaunched as Swindon Town 2020 FC Ltd by August.........
You're probably right but it clouds their whole season in Lge2 and shows they tried to use dodgy money to buy success at the expense of clubs like County. I'm sure Macclesfield could have used a bung / pile of undeclared cash to help them pay their players and win a few more games, instead Swinetown use the cash to buy Eoin Doyle the league's top scorer and buy their ground from the council. Leaves a nasty taste in the mouth, even if it earned them zero points at RP this year.

Re: Clubs In Trouble

The judge is reported in the Advertiser as saying he did not believe Power's assertion that the club would go into admin if the sale didn't go through:
Town’s chairman said the club would be likely to have to go into administration if the Able sale fell through. His evidence was that Town would need in the region of £700,00 to £750,000 between May and August this year in order to continue operating, which he was not able to provide. The judge concluded there was no evidence to back up Power’s assertions.
And on the ground issue, I don't know the latest, but as far as I know it still hasn't gone through and it's contingent on a 50/50 split of the purchase price by the club and the fans.