Re: Clubs In Trouble

rncfc wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:In the event of the match not going ahead, I wonder who has legal entitlement to the money paid for any tickets bought.
Can ticket holders get their money back?
Does the money received become part of the administrator's pot to be disbursed among all (CVA) creditors?
I would have thought so.
All the clubs assets go to a receiver in the event of the club going under.

Secured creditors get their money back first. People like the Inland Revenue, or Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs as they call themselves these days. When they and the receivers have taken their full whack there won't be very much left.

There never is.

NearlyDead wrote:
"Despite previously stating we would have liked an extra 24 hours to conclude the deal, actually our position is not a condition of the strict timeline they have put in place, but reflective of the systemic failings of a football club over a number of years.
from Sky
So they have spent the last 48 hours looking at the books, then?

newgroundrodney wrote:18:57 Sky Sports News: "Good news tonight regarding Bury Football Club, with THREE offers on the table which will be considered tonight"....

So have they gone as a club out of the League or not?
Have they gone as a Company or not?
Not yet they haven't. If only we'd had this much interest and time.

I am just not buying the argument from the media that Premier League excess is killing the smaller clubs

Here for example
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... elite.html

You dont have to be a rocket scientist to see why Bolton and Bury are on life support

Both clubs lived well beyond their means and spent money that they didnt have.

Then throw in some crazy decisions by owners eg read here
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... cial-ruins

and you end up with 2 train wrecks for football clubs

Call me heartless if you like but I dont feel sorry for either club. In both cases their current situation is self inflicted and I think its time to pull the plug so the rest of the L1 can move on

And now Bolton will know the EFL mean what they say: 14 days or out. Of course, there is no guarantee that Bolton will last 14 days anyway, given the administrator said if the deal did collapse that the club would likely be wound up this week as the funds aren't there to carry on.