Re: Trust memberships numbers breakdown:

Percy plunkett wrote:Afternoon Brendan,you are indeed very intelligent,you have degrees to prove it and photos of you in a gown,holding a scroll and throwing your cap in the air shouting wee with other graduates on the count of three.I was bottom of the dunces class but,my I bring your attention to your comment where you say the Platinum to Bronze system was decisive.I take that to mean a positive spin being put on it.Maybe you can dumb it down for me to understand what you actually meant but please,can you leave terrorists out of this one.
Percy,

Can flag up where I have said that the platinum to bronze membership scheme is decisive and if I am able to assist you further I will. Just quote my post and I will gladly give as good an explanation as I can.

Moving on if you want to discuss matters seriously then I am delighted. However reading your posts you do come across as someone trying to be clever and falling flat on your face. I don't think you are dumb by the way, perhaps as yet you lack the wisdom required for reasoned debate.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I stress this is only my opinion and is not meant as a criticism of those who hold other views.

I believe in fans ownership. I believe it should be done through a trust. I believe that as Newport County supporters we are all equal, and that the view and entitlement of trust members should be equal. I also believe that there should only be one class of membership. Having platinum, gold, silver and bronze is decisive. It reminds me of Messrs Cleese, Barker and Corbett. I am a silver member, I look up to him because he is a gold member, but I look down on him, because he is a bronze member. I know my place. (Sorry if you're under 60)

Now rightly that leaves a economic deficit. And that is not a good idea. But for me this problem is easy enough to resolve.

All of us who have ever bought shares did so in the knowledge that we were making a donation to the club. Therefore sell benefits but do it independently of trust membership. Silver Season ticket. £400. Seat in the Stand, complimentary programme. Gold Season ticket, £500 as per the silver but tea and biscuits at half time and twice a season get to sit between Gavin and Kevin. :grin: Platinum season ticket £600. As per gold with free hospitality bar entry. Or variations thereof.

For me, if we are to build a club it has to be a community of equals. The trust membership should be on a basis of equality and available to all. Other views are available but this is mine.
Stan, maybe this is what Percy was referring to. At a guess, you intended to write 'devisive'.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I stress this is only my opinion and is not meant as a criticism of those who hold other views.

I believe in fans ownership. I believe it should be done through a trust. I believe that as Newport County supporters we are all equal, and that the view and entitlement of trust members should be equal. I also believe that there should only be one class of membership. Having platinum, gold, silver and bronze is decisive. It reminds me of Messrs Cleese, Barker and Corbett. I am a silver member, I look up to him because he is a gold member, but I look down on him, because he is a bronze member. I know my place. (Sorry if you're under 60)

Now rightly that leaves a economic deficit. And that is not a good idea. But for me this problem is easy enough to resolve.

All of us who have ever bought shares did so in the knowledge that we were making a donation to the club. Therefore sell benefits but do it independently of trust membership. Silver Season ticket. £400. Seat in the Stand, complimentary programme. Gold Season ticket, £500 as per the silver but tea and biscuits at half time and twice a season get to sit between Gavin and Kevin. :grin: Platinum season ticket £600. As per gold with free hospitality bar entry. Or variations thereof.

For me, if we are to build a club it has to be a community of equals. The trust membership should be on a basis of equality and available to all. Other views are available but this is mine.
Stan, maybe this is what Percy was referring to. At a guess, you intended to write 'devisive'.
Thank you. Predictive text is a curse, helpful but once de is typed instead of di you're lost.. However I should have spotted it.

As you say I meant to type divisive. Reading the context I think that fairly obvious.

Percy plunkett wrote:Brendan,a simple explanation of your error would have been nice.Would you like me to proof read your texts for you to save embarrassment in future.Even a dunce with the brains of a child clocked it,have a nice day.
Glad you clocked it.

Now other than trying to pick a totally pointless argument why on earth did you spend so much time trying to prove that you are indeed a dunce? Children by the way have enquiring minds, anxious to learn, open to new experience. Don't flatter yourself that you have the brain of a child.

SJG99 wrote:*divisive

Though it isn't, any more than having ST holders and non-ST holders, terrace standers and seat-sitters, or shirt wearers and non-shirt wearers is.
I disagree. For me all being equal as owners is important. I don't believe that allowing older and wealthier supporters a bit of luxury in return for allowing them/us to splash their/our cash is divisive.

That said, before Percy reduced the tone of debate I made it clear that is my opinion and nothing more. I have no interest that you disagree with me, I am though interested in why you disagree. Tell me.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Though it isn't, any more than having ST holders and non-ST holders, terrace standers and seat-sitters, or shirt wearers and non-shirt wearers is.
I disagree. For me all being equal as owners is important. I don't believe that allowing older and wealthier supporters a bit of luxury in return for allowing them/us to splash their/our cash is divisive.

That said, before Percy reduced the tone of debate I made it clear that is my opinion and nothing more. I have no interest that you disagree with me, I am though interested in why you disagree. Tell me.
There's no way of knowing who's paid what into the club on a match day when we're all just fans yelling at the lino, so in that sense it's not divisive.

It might *become* divisive if the club gets to a position where people are getting excluded for not paying enough in, but that's not something we need to worry about. And to be honest as the Oyston situation showed at Blackpool, there are far worse ways to split the fanbase and run a club.

I'd find a subscription service which jumps people ahead of the queue for the same ticket purely for paying more distasteful, for instance. Plenty of clubs do it for priority tickets though.

SJG99 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

There's no way of knowing who's paid what into the club on a match day when we're all just fans yelling at the lino, so in that sense it's not divisive.

It might *become* divisive if the club gets to a position where people are getting excluded for not paying enough in, but that's not something we need to worry about. And to be honest as the Oyston situation showed at Blackpool, there are far worse ways to split the fanbase and run a club.

I'd find a subscription service which jumps people ahead of the queue for the same ticket purely for paying more distasteful, for instance. Plenty of clubs do it for priority tickets though.
As I agree with everything you say I am not sure how we progress this. All I am saying is that trust membership is really only about increasing supporters involvement and should be available to all. To raise funds let those who can afford it pay through the nose for a little added luxury via match tickets.