Trust memberships numbers breakdown:

At the recent meeting, it was stated at the time, that 914 Trust members had taken up monthly payments on the new structure.
The breakdown was listed as:
Bronze....388
Silver.......368
Gold........133
Platinum....10
Ex-Pats.....12
Corporate....3

With a Season Ticket sales figure of 1542 for last season, it can be estimated, that on an average matchday, we have around 700 regularly attending fans who are NEITHER Trust members, nor ST holders..........these are the ones we need to attract.

Re: Trust memberships numbers breakdown:

excessbee wrote:Bear in mind that a proportion of season ticket holders will be in the junior categories and as such it would be unrealistic to expect them to sign up for the direct debit payment to the Trust. Perhaps most of the adult/senior season ticket holders are actually enrolled in the new scheme. 900 out of 1500 might be not far off.
Fair point you make there. I guess once the £10 memberships have all expired, and it's the new way or nothing, we'll have an idea whether we're pulling in more money under the new system, than under the old £10 + B&R Scheme brought in.
It seems that going up from £10 to £60 may put some off being members at all.
Last edited by newgroundrodney on July 20th, 2019, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Why do I keep hearing that we have 1500 trust members then?
Clearly an exaggeration.
Read the post. It states 900+ Trust members. 1500 is the number of season tickets sold.
Excess

Please stop jumping with all guns blazing.

I am not an idiot I realise what has been stated

eg llantilo the other day in response to myself stated 0.33% of trust members as the other 1495 TRUST MEMBERS clearly had received it. (e mail)
I keep hearing from sources this 1500 figure but as New Ground Rodney explains it relates to the old £10 annual payment which is still running out.

Hopefully Percy will now grasp this as well.

It looks like at least 500 members have now been lost not just myself.

As I stated more than happy to chip in but not under the current situation

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Why do I keep hearing that we have 1500 trust members then?
Clearly an exaggeration.
Read the post. It states 900+ Trust members. 1500 is the number of season tickets sold.
Excess

Please stop jumping with all guns blazing.

I am not an idiot I realise what has been stated

eg llantilo the other day in response to myself stated 0.33% of trust members as the other 1495 TRUST MEMBERS clearly had received it. (e mail)
I keep hearing from sources this 1500 figure but as New Ground Rodney explains it relates to the old £10 annual payment which is still running out.

Hopefully Percy will now grasp this as well.

It looks like at least 500 members have now been lost not just myself.

As I stated more than happy to chip in but not under the current situation
Yes - 1,457 to be exact, was the figure given at the 2018 Trust AGM - slideshow here: https://www.ncafctrust.org/media/downlo ... NAL%20.pdf

Obviously the number of yearlies expiring will keep increasing until full expiry in September 2019. It seems the people with the email issues are mostly yearly expiries.

Newgroundrodney is right, though, the increase in membership cost means (I understand) that the club is actually receiving more money from trust members, but from a smaller membership pool.

I think it's definitely possible to increase the number of trust members/STs and even do another shareholder investment round, but as was stated by the club in the 2018 AGM, this will only work if it's for a specific purpose, e.g. stadium purchase/renovations/new training ground/youth facilities. Need to motivate people as to why it's important enough, at the moment the club hasn't pushed any major projects though, other than a mooted training ground?

newgroundrodney wrote:At the recent meeting, it was stated at the time, that 914 Trust members had taken up monthly payments on the new structure.
The breakdown was listed as:
Bronze....388
Silver.......368
Gold........133
Platinum....10
Ex-Pats.....12
Corporate....3

With a Season Ticket sales figure of 1542 for last season, it can be estimated, that on an average matchday, we have around 700 regularly attending fans who are NEITHER Trust members, nor ST holders..........these are the ones we need to attract.
Thank you for that , I think most supporters recognise that as club owners we need to up our donations to compete with other league 2 clubs.

That's a pretty decent increase in funding. Obvious that some people wouldn't (or wouldn't be able to) commit to the larger sums, but they've been offset by people stumping up around twice as much per head as before.

Given the number of gold members I'm quite pleased I've already won the opportunity to join the Board at an away match, though the odds must only be about 1:3 over a whole season. :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if a fair few more wait until their subscriptions expire before being "forced" onto the "new" scheme.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Clearly an exaggeration.
I'm guessing it's because a large number are still on the old £10 system and are yet to expire or renew....sort of in Limbo.
I believe it was stated at the recent meeting there were only 200 and odd members still on the old £10 per year system, and even if they all converted to the new monthly system that would only give us a total of somewhere between 1100 and 1200 members. Where the 1500 figures comes from I don't know.

I'm not sure what 1500 figure you're on about, but we are where we are. I guess the upshot is we'll lose several hundred members who probably feel that an increase to £60 just to secure the right to buy big match tickets is not worth it.
For me, £10 on the old style should NEVER have given ticket priority, it simply was not enough to warrant it. In my view, £10 should have secured VOTING RIGHTS ONLY and for those who want only that, £10 a year should still be available as an absolute minimum entry level, BUT NO TICKET PRIORITY....that should go to those who are either ST holders, monthly donators or both.
My belief is that from next season, a basic £10 trust membership should be re-introduced for those who simply want no frills, no priority Trust membership. Otherwise, around 10-15% of an average home gate will be excluded from any Trust involvement at all, which would be a shame, and surely not what we want as a supporter funded club.