Re: Trust memberships numbers breakdown:

newgroundrodney wrote:I'm not sure what 1500 figure you're on about, but we are where we are. I guess the upshot is we'll lose several hundred members who probably feel that an increase to £60 just to secure the right to buy big match tickets is not worth it.
For me, £10 on the old style should NEVER have given ticket priority, it simply was not enough to warrant it. In my view, £10 should have secured VOTING RIGHTS ONLY and for those who want only that, £10 a year should still be available as an absolute minimum entry level, BUT NO TICKET PRIORITY....that should go to those who are either ST holders, monthly donators or both.
My belief is that from next season, a basic £10 trust membership should be re-introduced for those who simply want no frills, no priority Trust membership. Otherwise, around 10-15% of an average home gate will be excluded from any Trust involvement at all, which would be a shame, and surely not what we want as a supporter funded club.
You do have a relevant point I suppose with regards to the £10 membership not having access to ticket priority. I see where you are coming from. You obviously feel strongly enough about it that you wrote your view about ticket priority in capital letters. Strong views indeed.

However, whilst in principle, the £10 gave you ticket priority, in practice, for me, it was almost useless in some circumstances. I gave up trying to get tickets via phone for the Man City game as I couldn't get through. Price you pay as an exile I suppose. There, that's my view on the apparent £10 TICKET PRIORITY.

pembsexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I'm not sure what 1500 figure you're on about, but we are where we are. I guess the upshot is we'll lose several hundred members who probably feel that an increase to £60 just to secure the right to buy big match tickets is not worth it.
For me, £10 on the old style should NEVER have given ticket priority, it simply was not enough to warrant it. In my view, £10 should have secured VOTING RIGHTS ONLY and for those who want only that, £10 a year should still be available as an absolute minimum entry level, BUT NO TICKET PRIORITY....that should go to those who are either ST holders, monthly donators or both.
My belief is that from next season, a basic £10 trust membership should be re-introduced for those who simply want no frills, no priority Trust membership. Otherwise, around 10-15% of an average home gate will be excluded from any Trust involvement at all, which would be a shame, and surely not what we want as a supporter funded club.
You do have a relevant point I suppose with regards to the £10 membership not having access to ticket priority. I see where you are coming from. You obviously feel strongly enough about it that you wrote your view about ticket priority in capital letters. Strong views indeed.

However, whilst in principle, the £10 gave you ticket priority, in practice, for me, it was almost useless in some circumstances. I gave up trying to get tickets via phone for the Man City game as I couldn't get through. Price you pay as an exile I suppose. There, that's my view on the apparent £10 TICKET PRIORITY.

The difficulty in making the purchase as an exiled fan is one of the things we exiles have to content with. But for people in Newport, it was possible to, and people were paying £10 a year and getting the same ticket priority as those who put hundreds of ££s a year into the club.
That was never right.
Equally not right is people having no say cos they cant pay. Voting rights according to the ability to pay is not acceptable, and for that reason, I would like to see from next season (2020-21) the introduction of a basic entry level membership giving voting rights and nothing else, for £10.
We have one year to sort it out. Should be ample.
Lets not leave anyone behind as 'our journey continues'.

Again, NGR you make valid points. However, even as an exile, the difficulty in purchasing tickets should not be something we just have to contend with because we are exiles. Not in this day and age.

Last season, like thousands of others, as well as the league, I got wrapped up in our fabulous cup run and the Wembley experience. I saw every game from the 3rd round onwards. However, if it hadn't been for superb actions by three different people on this messagaeboard, I wouldn't have been able to see Middlesborough, Man City or Tranmere. It shouldn't be this way. Aplogogies for hijacking a thread though. :cheers:

Edit. There was almost a fourth, because being in Blackpool at the time, I was just a whisker away from going to Morecambe but missed out due to timing.

SJG99 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:If 1500 fans joined or upgraded to the GOLD level, over a year we'd probably take enough money to start the following season on an even keel financially. Sort of soaking up the losses.
Seems unlikely we've got 1500 fans who would be able to/want to do that or they probably already would.
Yeah, I agree you're probably right. Shame though, cos one of the things we can do as fans is soak up the losses. That's kind of what I thought we were entering into, though the need for ONGOING donations, was not stressed heavily enough at the time as I recall. I guess the emphasis was on securing Community Share sales in the first instance.
I'd love to think we could start a year (or end a year - whichever way they calculate it) with a £1 profit, with the losses having been met collectively by the fans. Hopefully soon we'll be running at a profit.
I don't understand the accountancy angle of it all, and I'm sure many fans don't. What I really do not understand, is how in one breath we're told we're running at a loss, and in the next breath we're told, "we turned down an offer of £225,000 (?) for the club, because the offer was for less money than we currently had in the bank"....

SJG99 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:If 1500 fans joined or upgraded to the GOLD level, over a year we'd probably take enough money to start the following season on an even keel financially. Sort of soaking up the losses.
Seems unlikely we've got 1500 fans who would be able to/want to do that or they probably already would.
I am not so sure , I think the problem is that because of our cup runs , many supporters feel that the club are not desperate for the money. If the money was desperately needed and a target was set , my view is the owners would reach that target.

newgroundrodney wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Yeah, I agree you're probably right. Shame though, cos one of the things we can do as fans is soak up the losses. That's kind of what I thought we were entering into, though the need for ONGOING donations, was not stressed heavily enough at the time as I recall. I guess the emphasis was on securing Community Share sales in the first instance.
I'd love to think we could start a year (or end a year - whichever way they calculate it) with a £1 profit, with the losses having been met collectively by the fans. Hopefully soon we'll be running at a profit.
I don't understand the accountancy angle of it all, and I'm sure many fans don't. What I really do not understand, is how in one breath we're told we're running at a loss, and in the next breath we're told, "we turned down an offer of £225,000 (?) for the club, because the offer was for less money than we currently had in the bank"....
Would you have sold my club, if it was your decision to make; for a sum of £225k?

Alan G Bryant wrote:Why would the board even consider selling the club for less than what we Paid for it when we are in such a much better position.
To put that to vote would have been a complete waste of time.
I'm not saying in that particular instance it should have been put to the vote. The point I was actually making, is how are we skint and running at a loss one minute, and got all this money in the bank the next?
To be clear, I did say I do NOT UNDERSTAND the accountancy aspects of it, but it seems like conflicting information.
As I said, what I would like to see, is enough money being contributed via donations to 'soak up the losses'....
It would be nice to think we could get to that position one day.

Fourthousand wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:No I wouldn't have sold it... I would hope that would always be decided by vote of members, not any one person.
OK then would you have considered it as an appropriate offer to go through the whole process of taking it to a vote of shareholders.?
No... because it was stated it was lower than the money we already had. But the offer for the club per se, was not my point. The point I was making is that it seems conflicting that we've got money in the bank, but we seem to be forever 'running at a loss'...what I'd like to see is sufficient donation levels to soak up those losses. For example: 1500 fans donating £20 per month = £360,000

newgroundrodney wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Why would the board even consider selling the club for less than what we Paid for it when we are in such a much better position.
To put that to vote would have been a complete waste of time.
I'm not saying in that particular instance it should have been put to the vote. The point I was actually making, is how are we skint and running at a loss one minute, and got all this money in the bank the next?
To be clear, I did say I do NOT UNDERSTAND the accountancy aspects of it, but it seems like conflicting information.
As I said, what I would like to see, is enough money being contributed via donations to 'soak up the losses'....
It would be nice to think we could get to that position one day.
I agree , it would be good.
The cup runs are bonus revenue , I think I read recently that the shortfall for most league 2 clubs is £250k- £300k , obviously this can fluctuate depending on injures , postponements , poor attendances. I think trust donations currently stand at approx £100k, so you can see the shortfall.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
I am not so sure , I think the problem is that because of our cup runs , many supporters feel that the club are not desperate for the money. If the money was desperately needed and a target was set , my view is the owners would reach that target.
You make a great point there. Fans' perception is that their money isn't needed. I think when our losses are published, we need to come up with a "suggested donation level" according to the number of members of what I would call "financially able" age, ie, not kids.
Really push the issue of absorbing the losses between ourselves collectively.