If they really wanted transparency.

I have noted on this board that there seems to be some dis-satisfaction with respect to emails, Trust elections, so on and so forth. It seems to me much of this would be alleviated if the full list of Trust members names were known.

Now to save the usual confidentiality argument, the Trust web-site has no difficulty in publishing the names of share-holders. Mine's there are so is that of everyone else who made a financial commitment to our club. A long an impressive list it is. I was still on the 'B' s when I stopped counting at 100. Nobody seems to object to that.

A little bit of open transparency, eh?

Edit.

At 30 names per page x 28 pages I made that 840 who were committed enough not only to join the Trust but stump up at least £50 for our club. Some sadly have passed and in fairness I doubt 'We Fight Any Claim' was in it for the well being of our club. Nonetheless that's a lot of people prepared to commit. Are those still living still members, and if not, why not?
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on July 20th, 2019, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: If they really wanted transparency.

excessbee wrote:As a trust member, I'd have no objection to being on such a list. In fact a while back, I looked for a list of trust members. In some ways it is a more informative document than who donated to the rescue package four years ago.
Absolutely.

Serious point. If I were standing for election I'd want to know who the electorate were and I would want to canvas them. I suspect in any serious election process that has to be the norm.Clearly I am sure Messr's Ward and Tanner wouldn't vote for me if I were the last person on earth. And that's fine. But an election process where only an incumbent director would have direct access to an elector, or the possibility of such access renders the election process somewhat suspect ab initio.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:As a trust member, I'd have no objection to being on such a list. In fact a while back, I looked for a list of trust members. In some ways it is a more informative document than who donated to the rescue package four years ago.
Absolutely.

Serious point. If I were standing for election I'd want to know who the electorate were and I would want to canvas them. I suspect in any serious election process that has to be the norm.Clearly I am sure Messr's Ward and Tanner wouldn't vote for me if I were the last person on earth. And that's fine. But an election process where only an incumbent director would have direct access to an elector, or the possibility of such access renders the election process somewhat suspect ab initio.
Hmm... Were there to be an election then the canvassing of the electorate would surely be the process where the CV/letter of intention of each candidate is published on the trust website and emailed to trust members.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Absolutely.

Hmm... Were there to be an election then the canvassing of the electorate would surely be the process where the CV/letter of intention of each candidate is published on the trust website and emailed to trust members.
If you know the electorate, you can ensure that they all receive the relevant information. We know from this site some didn't.

Edit.

Further to this in any election candidates should be questioned. In 18 months time when Kevin Ward may seek re-election. If I were to stand, notwithstanding anything I claimed in my manifesto, he could quite rightly argue that as I live abroad I would find it difficult to carry out my duties. (Although when editor of The Argus he didn't have too much difficulty publishing that Les Scadding could do it all via Skype from the Caribbean.) Likewise I could ask him that as he is a person prepared to publish lies about me, which he lacks the probity to retract whilst knowing them to be false, whether he was a fit and proper person to have charge of our club. And the electorate could take those matters into account.

I should add that living abroad I don't think I could act as a director. And it appears having a problem with integrity is no bar to high office, ask Boris. 8)
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on July 20th, 2019, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excessbee wrote:First off, the expiry date of all £10 members must pass (end of August?). Any list would be constantly changing and as such would need updating, monthly perhaps. Would anyone object, perhaps so and someone could enlighten me why.
The crux of this is, as Stan sort of mentioned, there is a list, it's just not published.
Lists need updating. Yes they do. The point is that glitches happen. However unless you know about the glitch it can't be corrected.

By way of example I bought a bottle of water, as I was advised to do, on holiday in Egypt about 25 years ago. Wrapped over the bottle was plastic covering. On it was written. ''Do not drink this water if this seal has been removed".

You see my point, I hope.

Why are some obsessed with transparency- there is more than enough info available to anybody who just wants to support the club.
It is interesting that one of the main antagonists Frank aka Harps is a £10 a year merchant who is going to stop that. Shame there is not a £11 Membership of this forum!!
If we want a supporter owned club we need Trust members who are willing to contribute the cost of two decent pints a month.
Let’s think where we were when this Board took over to where we are now for me anyone moaning should not be supporting a L2 club with no sugar daddy - I am still satisfied with maintaining L2 status which for a non money backed poorly supported club is quite an achievement