Re: If they really wanted transparency.

County ranger wrote:Why are some obsessed with transparency- there is more than enough info available to anybody who just wants to support the club.
It is interesting that one of the main antagonists Frank aka Harps is a £10 a year merchant who is going to stop that. Shame there is not a £11 Membership of this forum!!
If we want a supporter owned club we need Trust members who are willing to contribute the cost of two decent pints a month.
Let’s think where we were when this Board took over to where we are now for me anyone moaning should not be supporting a L2 club with no sugar daddy - I am still satisfied with maintaining L2 status which for a non money backed poorly supported club is quite an achievement
What an ignoramus you are Ranger.
Firstly I didn't put £50 into the kitty when asked but a fair bit more sunshine.
I have been a season ticket holder since we came back to RP.
Have attended every meeting since we commenced at the Riverside asking at least 1 question every meeting, apart from the last one when for my 70th birthday I had a family holiday to celebrate.
Having first watched the County as a 5 year old on my dear beloved late Dad's shoulders ( never missed a County result until he passed at the ripe old age of 96 still bright as a button).
You Sir are a total buffoon. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:Why are some obsessed with transparency- there is more than enough info available to anybody who just wants to support the club.
It is interesting that one of the main antagonists Frank aka Harps is a £10 a year merchant who is going to stop that. Shame there is not a £11 Membership of this forum!!
If we want a supporter owned club we need Trust members who are willing to contribute the cost of two decent pints a month.
Let’s think where we were when this Board took over to where we are now for me anyone moaning should not be supporting a L2 club with no sugar daddy - I am still satisfied with maintaining L2 status which for a non money backed poorly supported club is quite an achievement
Firstly I didn't put £50 into the kitty when asked but a fair bit more sunshine.
Have attended every meeting since we commenced at the Riverside asking at least 1 question every meeting, apart from the last one when for my 70th birthday I had a family holiday to celebrate.
Having first watched the County as a 5 year old on my dear beloved late Dad's shoulders ( never missed a County result until he passed at the ripe old age of 96 still bright as a button).
In boxing parlance I think that County Ranger has 'walked right into that one'.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
You sir, have had an almost identical history to myself in terms of supporting the County and my fathers survival until last year. I too have supported the County since a 5 year old 67 years ago. My season ticket history goes back to Spytty and been a Trust member since it started and contributed more than I probably could afford when we needed to buy Les out. I haven’t been getting the election info either and though it’s academic in that I had no intention of standing , it seems we both deserved the courtesy of an email or a reminder that our entitlement to one, had lapsed. I sincerely hope that the promises to encourage Trust membership are matched by an intention to communicate with members such as you and me in a more effective manner in the future.
Given the way communication with members has been thus far, I worry that our ability to grow the club is really impaired and I hate the fact that any suggestion or feedback is taken as unjustified criticism and greeted with derision or dismissed as a nuisance minority. As anybody who has run a commercial enterprise should know, the customer is always right, and attempts to minimise or belittle their feedback is a sure recipe for business suicide in the long term. We can and really must do better. It’s supposed to be a fan-owned club, if we don’t involve the fans more in decision-making and business-building suggestions the omission is at our peril. We shouldn’t be afraid to involve the fan base more via regular bulletins and consultations for example on commercial and organisational decision-making instead of the standard kiss-offs that are regularly given on here by apologists for the status quo. Really just not good enough as far as I’m concerned. We are treated by such people as “ ranger “ rather like serfs who must be grateful for the few turnips thrown in our direction by their masters. Disgusting attitude.

Low & Hard
Its a pleasure reading your comments.
On hitting 70 I decided to finally retire after so many years in Sales.
Daughter has been very poorly but things are looking far better now.
It does really annoy me when the likes of Ranger feel free to insult the likes of myself who has been a total County fanatic since birth.
So many fans up on their clouds but if they are content best of luck.
So much still wrong with our club but I suppose that's life in General.
Will be good to get the season up and running for sure and I do feel positive on the pitch at least.
All the best.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Low & Hard
Its a pleasure reading your comments.
On hitting 70 I decided to finally retire after so many years in Sales.
Daughter has been very poorly but things are looking far better now.
It does really annoy me when the likes of Ranger feel free to insult the likes of myself who has been a total County fanatic since birth.
So many fans up on their clouds but if they are content best of luck.
So much still wrong with our club but I suppose that's life in General.
Will be good to get the season up and running for sure and I do feel positive on the pitch at least.
All the best.
Sadly you both put me to shame. I can only boast 53 seasons watching County. Then again I am little more than a youth, still on the right side of 62.

lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
You sir, have had an almost identical history to myself in terms of supporting the County and my fathers survival until last year. I too have supported the County since a 5 year old 67 years ago. My season ticket history goes back to Spytty and been a Trust member since it started and contributed more than I probably could afford when we needed to buy Les out. I haven’t been getting the election info either and though it’s academic in that I had no intention of standing , it seems we both deserved the courtesy of an email or a reminder that our entitlement to one, had lapsed. I sincerely hope that the promises to encourage Trust membership are matched by an intention to communicate with members such as you and me in a more effective manner in the future.
Given the way communication with members has been thus far, I worry that our ability to grow the club is really impaired and I hate the fact that any suggestion or feedback is taken as unjustified criticism and greeted with derision or dismissed as a nuisance minority. As anybody who has run a commercial enterprise should know, the customer is always right, and attempts to minimise or belittle their feedback is a sure recipe for business suicide in the long term. We can and really must do better. It’s supposed to be a fan-owned club, if we don’t involve the fans more in decision-making and business-building suggestions the omission is at our peril. We shouldn’t be afraid to involve the fan base more via regular bulletins and consultations for example on commercial and organisational decision-making instead of the standard kiss-offs that are regularly given on here by apologists for the status quo. Really just not good enough as far as I’m concerned. We are treated by such people as “ ranger “ rather like serfs who must be grateful for the few turnips thrown in our direction by their masters. Disgusting attitude.
What a superb post. Your feeling and sentiment towards the club sums up exactly how I feel. When will the club apologists ever understand that people can actually love the club and the team but feel no emotional attachment whatsoever to the Board.

I agree entirely. There are some that will criticise regardless , it is the way it is these days.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
I agree entirely. There are some that will criticise regardless , it is the way it is these days.
So after reading the above replies to Ranger.

You agree with him.!!!!

Well sir as Number 1 Lacky. I rejoice in your happiness up on your cloud.

Please join Ranger.

Unbelievable that we have contributors with this attitude.

Crikey you must have the skin of a rhino.

Happy Days

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
So after reading the above replies to Ranger.

You agree with him.!!!!

Well sir as Number 1 Lacky. I rejoice in your happiness up on your cloud.

Please join Ranger.

Unbelievable that we have contributors with this attitude.

Crikey you must have the skin of a rhino.

Happy Days
Yes I read all 4 of them and then thought how marvellous it is that we have 914 trust members contributing more.
Last edited by Alan G Bryant on July 20th, 2019, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amberexile wrote:Back to the original topic, I believe if the Trust were to publish a list of members now, it would constitute a data breach under GDPR.
But the trust are already publishing a list of shareholders. And have done so for the last four years.

Edit

And NewGroundRodney had better be careful, printing a list of County players. Not to mention Newport County AFC printing a list of employees in the programme and on their website.

In short I believe you are mistaken.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on July 20th, 2019, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:I can only repeat that you should check your spam folder. No-one seems to have come back to say they have yet...
SLG 99

Sorry but we are not Morons

No mail from the Trust in my Spam folder.
Not a moron... but not great at reading 5 character usernames.

Incidentally your Spam folder only holds them for a week, so you probably wouldn't have by now anyway.

SJG99 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:I can only repeat that you should check your spam folder. No-one seems to have come back to say they have yet...
SLG 99

Sorry but we are not Morons

No mail from the Trust in my Spam folder.
Not a moron... but not great at reading 5 character usernames.

Incidentally your Spam folder only holds them for a week, so you probably wouldn't have by now anyway.
My spam folder holds span until I delete it. I have no idea how you know what Frank's does. Perhaps you'd enlighten us?