Re: Fraser Franks Testimonial

Fraser Franks was a good servant of our club. I was pleased both to acknowledge his service in this thread and to commend the club's behaviour in how he was treated.

It is a shame that George Street Bridge, Ado, Loyalfoot, Whoareya and Ironside chose to get down in the gutter and use the very sad events of Fraser's illness as an excuse to vent their bile. I of course am used to such childish rants, and whilst an apology to me would pointless I very much hope these individuals find enough character to apologize to Mr Franks for their shameful behaviour.

jonescmj1 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ado wrote:So boring when Stan Einstein continuously starts long arguments with people
Shame that the bathbomb kid has decided to get down in the gutter.

However like George let me speak up for the club. Colin's business idea was to get County supporters to work for free selling his product and then to split the profits with the Newport County AFC. It was commendable that Newport County AFC had nothing to do with this shabby little scheme.

Nice try mate, well done, for once, no let me be fair twice, the club.

:grin:

George Street-Bridge wrote:Oh God, it's the apology fetish again!

All I have done here is speak up for the club, by quoting Fraser Franks's own words, after Stan had spotted an opportunity for a dig by falsely claiming that as far as the.contract was concerned the club had done no more than they were obliged to.
"Now really Martha, this is the 20th century, we must cast off these old fetishes."

"My, my what new words we're learning, I suppose you got that one from Uncle Neddy." Martha replied contemptuously.

The Ghost of Captain Greig and Mrs Muir by R.A. Dick.

I certainly don't want an apology from you George, I just hoped that after dragging down a Fraser Franks testimonial thread into your obsessive feud with me you might have the character to feel some shame.

lowandhard wrote:The only consolation tonight was that Fraser benefitted from it.
It was a total waste of time for everyone especially for Chelsea u23’s as we provided absolutely no opposition, it was embarrassing. Nobody should take credit from that débacle and nobody resembled the ghost of a player that could challenge for a first team place, absolutely nobody. A few of the goals resembled the clip from the Cardiff game, a quiet stroll past a sedentary fullback before crossing for a tap in. If some of those recruits are reflecting our strength at the moment, that’s extremely worrying.
Tbf it's a bit harsh on O'Brien to suggest he couldn't get in the first team when he's just played in 24 of the last 26 competitive fixtures for County. I would agree at this stage that Howkins could well be ahead of him (even considering the suspension). They're all reserves at the moment though and it'll probably be a similar team against Cwmbran Celtic maybe minus trialists - the difference being the standard of the opposition.

SJG99 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:The only consolation tonight was that Fraser benefitted from it.
It was a total waste of time for everyone especially for Chelsea u23’s as we provided absolutely no opposition, it was embarrassing. Nobody should take credit from that débacle and nobody resembled the ghost of a player that could challenge for a first team place, absolutely nobody. A few of the goals resembled the clip from the Cardiff game, a quiet stroll past a sedentary fullback before crossing for a tap in. If some of those recruits are reflecting our strength at the moment, that’s extremely worrying.
Tbf it's a bit harsh on O'Brien to suggest he couldn't get in the first team when he's just played in 24 of the last 26 competitive fixtures for County. I would agree at this stage that Howkins could well be ahead of him (even considering the suspension). They're all reserves at the moment though and it'll probably be a similar team against Cwmbran Celtic maybe minus trialists - the difference being the standard of the opposition.
I think Lowandhard was referring to the trailists and Academy players.I would be surprised if Howkins was ahead of OB on merit.

It does make me laugh listening to all these comments regarding who will be playing Saturday.
Friendlies do not matter whatsoever to Flynny, he knows his first 11 for Mansfield and the bench already.
Can I doft my hat (baseball cap to Stan also).
The venom and hatred your posts cast on the usual suspects have given me so many laughs throughout the break/
The Jones fella in Oz especially.
My goodness he really hates you Brendon.
To think these characters are all grown ups totally hilarious.
Counting down to Saturday and my seat next to Supporter, Martin and the regulars.,
we are going up for sure.
Be positive folks.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:It does make me laugh listening to all these comments regarding who will be playing Saturday.
Friendlies do not matter whatsoever to Flynny, he knows his first 11 for Mansfield and the bench already.
The venom and hatred your posts cast on the usual suspects have given me so many laughs throughout the break/
Counting down to Saturday and my seat next to Supporter, Martin and the regulars.,
Be positive folks.
Hello Jolly,happy 70th birthday for the other week.I hope you're right about us going up.Just one question for you.Were you at the Lysaghts in April 1989,if you were you may have witnessed a speech to inspire us not to wait for Sherman but to form a new club starting tonight.That man then played a key role in the formation of this club and a pivotal role in the early steps which now see us as an established EFL team.That man was the Jones fella from Oz.His name will quite rightly be associated with our club forever in glowing references,unlike Stan.You may have picked the wrong horse on this one I think.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:It does make me laugh listening to all these comments regarding who will be playing Saturday.
Be positive folks.
Hello Jolly,happy 70th birthday for the other week.I hope you're right about us going up.Just one question for you.Were you at the Lysaghts in April 1989,if you were you may have witnessed a speech to inspire us not to wait for Sherman but to form a new club starting tonight.That man then played a key role in the formation of this club and a pivotal role in the early steps which now see us as an established EFL team.That man was the Jones fella from Oz.His name will quite rightly be associated with our club forever in glowing references,unlike Stan.You may have picked the wrong horse on this one I think.
Well said. Some people walk the walk, others talk the talk eh Harps ?

Percy plunkett wrote:
Be positive folks.
Evening Percy
Think I will have to start calling you other names also so give it a rest Pal.
Thanks for the birthday wishes though.
A lot of my and my wifes pals etc didn't even make it this far.
Sorry was not there. By then totally frustrated.
Sherman was a joker who conned every body
Poor John Mahoney is still waiting his return I believe.
I was 40 at the time
30 years on our friend comes across as bitter and twisted albeit a hero to many all those years ago.
Respect your elders Percy got many years over you my friend.
Highlight for you sunshine.
Kenny Morgans a legend scoring 5 against Lincoln on a lovely summers evening.
One username its Frank okay respect to you how about some in return eh?
Not a lot to ask for is it?

Evening Harps,you could call me names,it wouldn't bother me.As I have only used this one on here then those names wouldn't be applicable.You say you were frustrated in 1989 by Sherman.Had you given up on County,it's a good job the Jones fella from Oz didn't.We may not have had a chance to have this conversation tonight if he had.I too have lost friends also and I am only a kid so you are not alone there.I know of Kenny Morgans but my first game was only 50 years ago on August 9 1969.