Re: Fraser Franks Testimonial

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Great gesture by the club to honour his contract up to the end of the season. This is the sort of thing that cements a squad and makes the club attractive to potential signings.
George, it's not a gesture to honour a contract it is a legal requirement. It is right and commendable that the club have endeavoured to go further.

He retired though so we had no legal obligation to pay him his second year

G Guest wrote:FF is right. This is a contract that only he can perform. He can't send anyone else to play for him. Since he is unable to fulfil his bargain through no fault of his own, the contract is null and void.
That's not necessarily correct. You can void a contract on the basis that it is not possible to complete it. However I would imagine that footballers, whose careers can end with one mistimed tackle, would be insured to be paid until the end of the contract.

Having not seen the contract, this is of course my opinion, not a fact.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
G Guest wrote:FF is right. This is a contract that only he can perform. He can't send anyone else to play for him. Since he is unable to fulfil his bargain through no fault of his own, the contract is null and void.
That's not necessarily correct. You can void a contract on the basis that it is not possible to complete it. However I would imagine that footballers, whose careers can end with one mistimed tackle, would be insured to be paid until the end of the contract.

Fraser Franks “they (Newport County) have honoured the rest of the contract which they didn’t have to do”

Straight from the horses mouth

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Fraser Franks “they (Newport County) have honoured the rest of the contract which they didn’t have to do”

Straight from the horses mouth
In which case that is very commendable.

A maximum of 900 tickets will be available for this fixture on a first-come-first-served basis. Unfortunately, no tickets will be made for advance sale.

All tickets will be for the Main Stand only and will be on sale from 6pm at Spytty Stadium's main reception.
Am i missing something here? The club plans to sell 900 tickets in 1 hour? 15 a minute?

Family fun day finishes at 5 and then folk mill about for an hour?

Ugo. wrote:
Alankeys wrote:Anyone got any news on our game against Cardiff earlier
Hopefully better than that fake game against Chelsea

It will upset a few but who cares ? Not I

i totally agree with you..
All this build up to the game to get fans to attend and we put out a team of trialists , youth team and a few squad players.
Yes the game was for a great cause but to put out a poor side when I believe most who would have attended the game was expecting a much stronger line up in our only 'home game in pre season'.
I also cant believe that we are continuing to honour Franks contract ( well done to all concerned on that) but not using him whilst we continue to pay him.
He could be our face in the community, match day link between sponsors and club etc and get his story 'out there' and tell everyone what a wonderful gesture we are doing by standing by him in his present situation.
I have heard his media interviews and he sounds like a guy who could do the club some good in the PR department. He comes across as a decent guy who understands lower league football very well. As we continue to pay him , utilise his skills.

as for the Cardiff game , I just spoke to someone who watched it and he said we looked 'well off the pace'.... Too easy a pre season perhaps against far too inferior sides that have not tested us?????

It’s pre season, it’s simply about fitness, working on different things etc. Don’t look anything into any results, “far too inferior” ? after all we’ve drawn with Al Ahly and beaten Shrewsbury.
That said, the last time we beat W-S-M 8-1 was the ‘Great Escape’ season a couple of years back :shock: :lol: