Re: Fraser Franks Testimonial

Stan A. Einstein wrote: I have to say that I had commended the club on their treatment of Fraser in two previous posts.
Hang on a minute. In one post, after I had commended the club for agreeing to honour his contract this year when they didn't have to - based on Fraser having said exactly that - you were at pains to point out that they weren't doing anything they weren't obliged to.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: I have to say that I had commended the club on their treatment of Fraser in two previous posts.
Hang on a minute. In one post, after I had commended the club for agreeing to honour his contract this year when they didn't have to - based on Fraser having said exactly that - you were at pains to point out that they weren't doing anything they weren't obliged to.
George I said that it was very commendable that the club were holding a testimonial for Fraser.

In another thread when Exile 76 pointed out that Fraser had said that the club did not have to honour his contract I said that that being the case that also was commendable.

Sorry George but once again firing from the hip you make yourself look foolish. Perhaps you should form a tribute band to the Brownnosers. Foolish Phil and the Filibusters?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
George I said that it was very commendable that the club were holding a testimonial for Fraser.

In another thread when Exile 76 pointed out that Fraser had said that the club did not have to honour his contract I said that that being the case that also was commendable.

Sorry George but once again firing from the hip you make yourself look foolish. Perhaps you should form a tribute band to the Brownnosers. Foolish Phil and the Filibusters?

In fairness George that’s exactly what Brendan did

George Street-Bridge wrote:I made the point before 1976 did, in correcting your assertion that the club was doing only what it was obliged.to do as far as the contract was concerned.
Unlike exile 76 you offered no evidence. And let's face it George ever since 'done and dusted' your credibility has been shot. Not I hasten to add because of what you wrote, "unless someone at the club is lying then his (Justin Edinburgh's) contract is done and dusted.' But by your reaction to it. You were of course right, somebody at the club was lying through their teeth. But we then had to endure the frankly pathetic 'when I said done and dusted what I meant was...........'

But that is irrelevant. The point is that on two separate occasions I had commended the club on the way they had behaved.

I suppose that's the difference between us. When facts emerge that show that my opinion is wrong I acknowledge those facts. Could I suggest you try doing the same? As Kevin Ward discovered trying to maintain something which is demonstrably untrue makes you into a liar.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I made the point before 1976 did, in correcting your assertion that the club was doing only what it was obliged.to do as far as the contract was concerned.
Unlike exile 76 you offered no evidence. And let's face it George ever since 'done and dusted' your credibility has been shot. Not I hasten to add because of what you wrote, "unless someone at the club is lying then his (Justin Edinburgh's) contract is done and dusted.' But by your reaction to it. You were of course right, somebody at the club was lying through their teeth. But we then had to endure the frankly pathetic 'when I said done and dusted what I meant was...........'

But that is irrelevant. The point is that on two separate occasions I had commended the club on the way they had behaved.

I suppose that's the difference between us. When facts emerge that show that my opinion is wrong I acknowledge those facts. Could I suggest you try doing the same? As Kevin Ward discovered trying to maintain something which is demonstrably untrue makes you into a liar.
The bloke with the least credibility on the whole forum talking about credibility.

We really are though the looking glass.

Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

The bloke with the least credibility on the whole forum talking about credibility.

We really are though the looking glass.
To say I lack credibility is an insult and contemptible.

Try again with 'I think you lack credibility because..........' Then I can answer you, and either accept your criticism or refute it.

Unless of course you prefer being down in the gutter. :grin:

Loyalfoot wrote:Some just don't like feedback and always likes to have the last word....
Help me.

How do you square 'Don't like feedback' with my posting that if someone wishes to say I lack credibility they should begin their post 'I think you lack credibility because.......?

While you're pondering that you might also consider this. Until GSB's intervention, my intended last words on the subject were that the clubs actions were 'commendable', Would you prefer I didn't praise the club when I thought praise was due?

:grin: