Re: And the new kit is.........

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Still can't understand 'Frank' trying to make out he wasn't/isn't 'Harps'.... FFS old fella, take it on the chin, laugh it off and move on! Your constant denial of this is seriously embarrassing for you :roll: :lol: :lol:
Evening Exile
Despite our differences I like you.
No need to take anything on the chin.
Have had a interesting afternoon,responding to a bunch of rabid dogs who will not have any views allowed on this forum apart from theirs.
Cheers
I've just consulted with the online discussion suppression society, and I've been instructed to let you know that you're talking out of your arse.

pembsexile wrote:This thread has morphed into the most ridiculous, unpleasant seies of rants that it has been my misfortune to read since I first joined this board in 2012 and that is saying something. Ffs, bring on the football tomorrow. Cmon the County, give us something to smile about. :grin:
Well said Pembs.
3 points would be great for sure.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:This thread has morphed into the most ridiculous, unpleasant seies of rants that it has been my misfortune to read since I first joined this board in 2012 and that is saying something. Ffs, bring on the football tomorrow. Cmon the County, give us something to smile about. :grin:
Well said Pembs.
I'm sure if you email the club and ask, the Lord shalt provide.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Well said Pembs.
Cheers mate. I may even consider bumping this post quite often to ensure that the last post is a positive one. Cmon the County.

pembsexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Well said Pembs.
Cheers mate. I may even consider bumping this post quite often to ensure that the last post is a positive one. Cmon the County.
You may have too :lol: :lol:
Stay positive for tomorrow.
Pity you couldn't make it last Saturday birthday boy. 8)
OB back in will make a difference hopefully.
Cheers

Stan A. Einstein wrote: I once hid my identity simply because I used to prosecute and it was not impossible that a Newport 'fan' might be up in front of the beak.
Wouldn't the only ethical thing to do in those circumstances be to declare a conflict of interest and withdraw?

I was once called up for jury service and when they brief you at the start of the fortnight they warn that you must declare if you know anyone else on your panel. I used to go to the Madejski quite often at that time and I recognised someone who often sat a couple of seats along from me, although we never spoke. In the end he was called and I wasn't, but I assume I would have been expected to notify the very tenuous connection. Or not?

I used to long to be called up, but with hindsight that probably means it would have been a very bad idea. :grin:

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: I once hid my identity simply because I used to prosecute and it was not impossible that a Newport 'fan' might be up in front of the beak.
Wouldn't the only ethical thing to do in those circumstances be to declare a conflict of interest and withdraw?

I was once called up for jury service and when they brief you at the start of the fortnight they warn that you must declare if you know anyone else on your panel. I used to go to the Madejski quite often at that time and I recognised someone who often sat a couple of seats along from me, although we never spoke. In the end he was called and I wasn't, but I assume I would have been expected to notify the very tenuous connection. Or not?

I used to long to be called up, but with hindsight that probably means it would have been a very bad idea. :grin:
Not if I didn't know the person nor s/he me. Which is why I chose to remain incognito. Once my identity was known then of course any County fan up before the beak I would not and could not prosecute.

As for your recognising a fellow panel member albeit fleetingly it was wise of you to mention it, although I doubt either of you would have been precluded from a jury on that basis.

Oddly I did jury service, long before I studied law even, at the Old Bailey. It turned out one of the other jurors lived in the same street as me. We finished the trial on a Friday afternoon. The following Monday we passed each other in the street and exchanged pleasantries. I never saw him again.

bignbeefy wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
bignbeefy wrote:Looks shit all in yellow.

The club is black shorts. Not all that fussed about what socks we wear.

I was thinking perhaps the shorts haven't arrived yet. Were they last year's shorts we wore yesterday?
No they were new ones, big contrast panels on the shorts (annoyingly - to me - missing the sleeve pattern). Amber is the home short colour in the online store. The Argus was mistaken or misinformed.

Also, why do County fans think we play in "yellow"? :shock:
Because the kits aren't amber.... they are yellow - well the shorts are any way.

We should play in amber. These are sublimated kits and the colours should be right. IMHO they ain't amber.......
I own them both. It is definitely amber. They do get darker when the players sweat. But they are they amberist amber thing ever. Primo amber. And definitely not yellow.

Interesting kit County are wearing today though. Thrown together white third shirt which isn't the Franks fundraiser, last season's white shorts and socks. That's going to play havoc with the Wikipedia kit editing...

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Don't Cambridge play in very similar colours to our own? Presumably we''ll be using our third kit next week?
As it turns out, a new white shirt with red trim, and last season's third shirts and socks. Unexpected to say the least but well done them for realising there was an issue.

SJG99 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Don't Cambridge play in very similar colours to our own? Presumably we''ll be using our third kit next week?
As it turns out, a new white shirt with red trim, and last season's third shirts and socks. Unexpected to say the least but well done them for realising there was an issue.
Any idea why the Franks 3rd shirt isn’t ready ? Kit situation is a bit village again isn’t it. Only gonna need it for Cambridge and Mansfield away I guess, maybe Bradford.

faerun exile wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Any idea why the Franks 3rd shirt isn’t ready ? Kit situation is a bit village again isn’t it. Only gonna need it for Cambridge and Mansfield away I guess, maybe Bradford.
Based on previous seasons I'd imagine they hadn't planned on releasing it until later in the season, many clubs hold back shirts so they maximise how many people can afford to fork out for month by month.

In addition, this particular 3rd kit has got people's names included in it, which much be an absolute arse pain for everyone involved and a bit of an admin nightmare to get absolutely right.

I've found the kit we wore today anyway, to no surprise it's an FBT teamwear jersey: https://www.fbtsports.co.uk/product-det ... rsey-l-s-1

SJG99 wrote:Anyway, here's a handy guide:

Yellow:
Amber:
The home kit:
In fact there is even some yellow on the sleeve logo, which clearly is not the same colour as the shirt.
As previously mentioned. Shirts become amber with sweat!!! Shorts are noticeably a different colour.
I doubt this is by design and more of an accident.

As this is more tongue in cheek I do tend to agree that they are more on the amber scale than the yellow, although you can get different shades of yellow that could be a lot darker than fluffy duck yellow........

I still dont like the off-yellow-closer-to-amber shorts as I believe we should be playing in black shorts. Why has a fan taken this decision to literally change the club colours????? Neal has done a great job, but I'm not it was in his brief to change the club colours.