Re: Saturday Friendly - Hungerford

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Countymadbell wrote:Nice hard test for the boys?
Was hoping for a sterner test personally, although as I believe Stan and others have said the quality of the pre-season opposition doesn't appear to have any bearing on the leagues first results.
Pre season friendlies are a means to an end , the sternest test we had was under Hudson , and look how we started then.

I haven't been to the ground, but I have driven past the end of the road it's on. Hungerford is about a five-minute drive from the motorway, not a great road, and the ground is then on the far side of the town. It's not much more than a large village.

Edit: Just looked at the aerial view on Google Maps. Parking looks limited and the football ground adjoins a cricket club which I suppose might have a game on that afternoon.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I haven't been to the ground, but I have driven past the end of the road it's on. Hungerford is about a five-minute drive from the motorway, not a great road, and the ground is then on the far side of the town. It's not much more than a large village.

Edit: Just looked at the aerial view on Google Maps. Parking looks limited and the football ground adjoins a cricket club which I suppose might have a game on that afternoon.
Cheers GSB just checked google maps and they recommend not heading straight to Hungerford but to head towards wantage and pick up the B4000 and double back on yourself, and that brings you out on the far side of the town.

Yes- my lad was hoping that that there might be some shirts left over. He got some really nice photos with some of the players as we were stood next to the dugout. Right back on loan was McNamara from Millwall - not sure who the blonde lad (triallist 2) who won the penalty.

Whitely looked sharp yesterday - I think, pending no injuries, he will be a useful impact from the bench.