New Shirt Sizing

Has anyone purchased the new home shirt yet?

Are the sizes the same fit as last year?

As compared to Adidas, Puma etc always seem to have to go at least one size up?

I don’t live near the club shop so can’t go and try them on

Re: New Shirt Sizing

Also does anyone have any information on discounts (I thought it was said at the agm the club were going to sort out a phone contact number for the shop)?

Season ticket holders are entitled to a 10% discount. Trust members (above a certain level) are entitled to a 5% discount but in previous years it has only been given if you purchase in the shop and not online. Is that still the case for this season? Living some distance from the club and usually only being in Newport on match days and with the shop closing early on match days it isn't practical for me to get to the shop. As a season ticket holder does that mean I have to lose the 10% discount if I buy online? Surely in this day and age it is possible to verify season ticket or trust membership when making online purchases?

County Exile wrote:Also does anyone have any information on discounts (I thought it was said at the agm the club were going to sort out a phone contact number for the shop)?

Season ticket holders are entitled to a 10% discount. Trust members (above a certain level) are entitled to a 5% discount but in previous years it has only been given if you purchase in the shop and not online. Is that still the case for this season? Living some distance from the club and usually only being in Newport on match days and with the shop closing early on match days it isn't practical for me to get to the shop. As a season ticket holder does that mean I have to lose the 10% discount if I buy online? Surely in this day and age it is possible to verify season ticket or trust membership when making online purchases?
Same thing here - if I hadn't thought there was half a chance of getting a free one at Hungerford I'd have probably phoned the club shop to meet someone and avoid the postage and get the discount. I'll be buying enough of them!

daftasfxxx wrote:We're a fans owned club, surely we shouldn't be looking for freebies and discounts all the time, every penny we skimp comes out of the clubs coffers
It's not a freebie if it's already paid for. Whether they were funded by Paddy Power (which it must have been) or the fans, we sold 200 shirts before we even started.

Plus, as people have said plenty of times before, the best way to get people to part with their money into a money pit like a football club is to make them feel valued and included.

The sum total of giving me a free home shirt would be that I'd have bought an extra keeper shirt or something instead. People have an amount they're prepared to spend in their heads, what they spend that on probably won't change the overall amount very much.

Beyond that, the secret of getting more out of customers than they planned on spending is having the stuff people want to spend money on when they have it to spend and not making it difficult. For instance, I want a home shirt, but I don't want to pay for postage over and over again. So I'm waiting til I can buy everything in one go. They should hope nothing happens that means I don't have the funds in the meantime.

I think we all know this stuff is ultimately endless and futile, but it's a bit off to suggest people who are almost certainly stumping up for Trust Membership which gives them basically nothing much shouldn't occasionally be reminded that loyalty is a two-way street.

Adding a trust discount would be quite complicated on the current website. It'd just be too difficult to set up on our budget.

Discount in store does work though.

The best way to help the club is to purchase items in cash, in person. Saves the club postage and transaction/card fees.

landinho wrote:Adding a trust discount would be quite complicated on the current website. It'd just be too difficult to set up on our budget.

The best way to help the club is to purchase items in cash, in person. Saves the club postage and transaction/card fees.
With the greatest of respect, no amount of goodwill is going to lead me to make a 4-5 hour round trip AND go to a cashpoint just to save the club a transaction fee. :lol:

The postage charged more than covers the cost of postage and the couple of minutes of admin fulfilment. If I wait for my next trip to Newport they'll probably sell out like they usually do within a few weeks... :roll:

SJG99 wrote:
landinho wrote:Adding a trust discount would be quite complicated on the current website. It'd just be too difficult to set up on our budget.

With the greatest of respect, no amount of goodwill is going to lead me to make a 4-5 hour round trip AND go to a cashpoint just to save the club a transaction fee. :lol:

The postage charged more than covers the cost of postage and the couple of minutes of admin fulfilment. If I wait for my next trip to Newport they'll probably sell out like they usually do within a few weeks... :roll:
Yes, obviously our more distant fans are a bit more complicated. Maybe advisable for Newport based fans but for others, any purchase is better than none.

Would be nice if the club could do a manual refund for the discount amount, to the more distant fans ordering online... but again that sets a big ask for the shop who already often struggle with day to day business!

Yeah, I don't want a handout, just the opportunity to (ever) use the discount I'm paying for. I've bought at least (and often two) one of every outfield shirt for the past 7 years, most at full price. Plus a bunch of training kit I have no reason to ever wear. And the odd leftover in the store sales. But I'm not paying £5 a time for postage!

SJG99 wrote:Yeah, I don't want a handout, just the opportunity to (ever) use the discount I'm paying for. I've bought at least (and often two) one of every outfield shirt for the past 7 years, most at full price. Plus a bunch of training kit I have no reason to ever wear. And the odd leftover in the store sales. But I'm not paying £5 a time for postage!
Fair enough. There is something misleading about the trust offering discounts if they are not properly honouring them.

landinho wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Yeah, I don't want a handout, just the opportunity to (ever) use the discount I'm paying for. I've bought at least (and often two) one of every outfield shirt for the past 7 years, most at full price. Plus a bunch of training kit I have no reason to ever wear. And the odd leftover in the store sales. But I'm not paying £5 a time for postage!
Fair enough. There is something misleading about the trust offering discounts if they are not properly honouring them.
Doesn't bother me as I readily accept I'm unlikely to be able to use my discount other than face to face, which rarely happens (I've been to the Kingsway Centre store maybe twice). Whenever I've used other media than the online store the person I'm speaking to has been happy to check and verify the discount.