Re: Season tickets

SJG99 wrote:
whoareya wrote:
SJG99 wrote:I'm not saying I don't think it's a good idea to cut down on the plastic, I'm saying clubs will want to change the designs for purposes of advertising and security. To that end, recyclable paper tickets are actually more eco-friendly than reusable plastic.

Is that a fact, or just your opinion?

West Ham started reusing season ticket cards decades ago.
Even multi-use plastic is still plastic. Paper is recyclable. Ergo, using loads of recycled paper annually (not that it would be) leaves little impact, plastic is still around for years.

As for West Ham, seems strange that they'd do that but be issuing new tickets to everyone this season:
https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... -questions

"How do I access London Stadium next season?
For the 2019/20 season, all Season Ticket Holders will be receiving a new Season Ticket access card"

Reused in 2018/19 though. https://www.whufc.com/tickets/2018-19-season-tickets

It appears they changed them to stop people moving around the stadium - https://www.claretandhugh.info/first-gl ... ket-cards/ which means either their cards or their stadium configuration was ridiculously useless anyway.
Match tickets are not comparable to recycled photocopier type paper, which I assume is what you basing your opinion on. Most paper tickets have some form of metal embossed as part of the security measures - might even prevent recycling altogether?

As for cards, the point NGR was making was to reuse, season after season, so no recycling footprint whatsoever.

The West Ham card strategy relates to the basketcase London Stadium, built for Olympic sports and daytrip spectators, you could literally walk around the entire stadium, traversing the upper and lower tiers at will before segregation and angry protests prompted changes. Prior to that, season ticket cards were reusable - I still have mine.

Just been in the Kingsway shop. Still no season tickets available for collection, Wednesday at the earliest i'm told. This time they tell me it's an issue with them who are printing the tickets while last week i was informed it was a lack of staff. In the worst case scenario they tell me if tickets aon't ready for Mansfield game, either (1) go to club shop with your season ticket purchase receipt and they'll print a match ticket for you.or (2) do likewise on matchday at the match.

reebok0165 wrote:Just been in the Kingsway shop. Still no season tickets available for collection, Wednesday at the earliest i'm told. This time they tell me it's an issue with them who are printing the tickets while last week i was informed it was a lack of staff. In the worst case scenario they tell me if tickets aon't ready for Mansfield game, either (1) go to club shop with your season ticket purchase receipt and they'll print a match ticket for you.or (2) do likewise on matchday at the match.
Here in Ireland the season runs from February to November. It has done so for a few years now and because of this Sligo Rovers had plenty of time to prepare. I received my season ticket in January about three weeks before the start of the season.

So let us be fair to Newport County. The fact that the English football season starts in August probably came as a nasty surprise. After all with the exception of the two world wars this August start has only been happening for the last 131 years.

Jesting aside let's face up to a few unpleasant facts shall we. This season ticket debacle happens every year. Once can happen to anyone but when it happens over and over it makes us look like a joke.

Now perhaps George and his acolytes will just say I use every opportunity to criticize the club because I hate the club. I don't by the way, but for the sake of argument let's say they are right. If they are could I ask you to pose one simple question to yourselves?

If I really did get off on making Newport County look a tin-pot basket case when it comes to administration, why do Newport County AFC make it so f@cking easy?

Oh dear. I’m not sure which department at the club deals with this issue but I suspect it is the Commercial dept.

They are under funded and overworked. I don’t think is is their sole fault. They need assistance quickly.

The club are only the second in the world to have an automated customer response system available online. It is used by Councils, businesses and the like all over the Country. It is brilliant in concept and design. It would help alleviate the pressure on certain areas of the club.

To go ‘live’ all it needs is some information from the club. They have been waiting for months for this info. There appears to be a good relationship between the club and the company but they haven’t been able to get all the info’ because the Commercial dept is so busy.

Surely there has to be a balance between costs, risk and administrative efficiency to alleviate this problem.

I was out today and thought of popping in to pick up my season ticket. It seems at least as I age I must be either getting wiser or more probably just more cynical as I supposed that they wouldn’t be ready for collection. I suppose that’s a dreadful indictment of the club’s organisational abilities and possibly my cynicism. :grin: :oops:

UPTHEPORT wrote:What's all the fuss I was told clearly when I renewed that the tickets would be issued during week before the first game if you couldn't get to the shop you can pick up Saturday

But some like a moan mind
For goodness sake get real please.
If as it seems likely the tickets will not be printed before Saturday its easy for me and you to pop into the shop and get our ticket for Saturday.
All the Exiles and those working will not be able to.
Have you not noticed the queue before every home game for the walk up fans.

Plus now all those season ticket holders.

Will be out of the gate and down the road for sure.

But its only a moan of course

Just a tiny addendum when I purchased my ticket our friend the full time shop manager was asked by myself
"Any chance of the tickets being sorted for the first time since being back at RP well before the first game"
the response was.
"Hoping to have them out by end of June/early July at the latest"

What about those that have paid for postage also.

Is it rocket science in 2019?

UPTHEPORT wrote:What's all the fuss I was told clearly when I renewed that the tickets would be issued during week before the first game if you couldn't get to the shop you can pick up Saturday

As was said the club have said that in the worst case scenario the tickets won't be ready for the Mansfield game.

Now imagine if you will the chaos of 1,500 hundred people arriving at Rodney Parade all trying to pick up their season tickets in the hour or so before kick-off. Proving their identity, dealing with the glitches etc. Imagine if you will the real chaos if the tickets are not ready. 1,500 people who have paid for tickets needing to prove that they have paid. And it being the first day of the season a probable larger than usual attendance.

Now if you plan to get the tickets out three weeks before the season starts and there's a glitch causing a weeks delay you don't have a problem. If you plan to distribute the tickets in the week before the new season starts you do have a problem.

Efficient people plan to turn up for a 9-00 am appointment at 8-45. They can have a cup of coffee and relax. If their bus is ten minutes late, they are still on time. Inefficient people plan to turn up at 9-00 am. They don't have time for a relaxing cup of coffee and arrive flustered if their bus is only slightly delayed.

If you think it's liking to moan to point out we should be far better organized so be it. I with respect think on this occasion you are wrong.

While I'm here Jim, painful feet aside did the walking help reduce the old waistline?

Exile 1976 wrote:Why does anyone need their ST weeks before the season starts?
As long as I get it before the first game of the season I’ll be ok with that.
I suppose one could posit the following opposing argument . Perhaps people want their season tickets because they have PAID for them and the tickets are THEIRS but haven’t been provided in a timely manner as compared to most purchases on the high street. They may be unable to call into town later in the week to pick up a ticket or they are unable to get to the game until shortly before ko , I really don’t know. What I do know is that they should get their tickets when it’s convenient for THEM not the club.

Two incidents
a) remember membership of the old baramber at Spytty? Dave of Icon computers would take your £12 , take your photograph and hand you your membership card in 30 seconds flat.
b) today I donated some furniture and various paraphernalia to BHF. They issued me immediately with a membership card ( complete with identifying id ) also with no delay.

One of those was a small organisation, the other big but what they had in common was efficiency. If they could do it, why can’t our football club?... and please don’t tell me that BHF don’t have to deal with a thousand odd membership cards because my number extends to seven figures.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

As was said the club have said that in the worst case scenario the tickets won't be ready for the Mansfield game.

Now imagine if you will the chaos of 1,500 hundred people arriving at Rodney Parade all trying to pick up their season tickets in the hour or so before kick-off. Proving their identity, dealing with the glitches etc. Imagine if you will the real chaos if the tickets are not ready. 1,500 people who have paid for tickets needing to prove that they have paid. And it being the first day of the season a probable larger than usual attendance.

Now if you plan to get the tickets out three weeks before the season starts and there's a glitch causing a weeks delay you don't have a problem. If you plan to distribute the tickets in the week before the new season starts you do have a problem.

Efficient people plan to turn up for a 9-00 am appointment at 8-45. They can have a cup of coffee and relax. If their bus is ten minutes late, they are still on time. Inefficient people plan to turn up at 9-00 am. They don't have time for a relaxing cup of coffee and arrive flustered if their bus is only slightly delayed.

If you think it's liking to moan to point out we should be far better organized so be it. I with respect think on this occasion you are wrong.

While I'm here Jim, painful feet aside did the walking help reduce the old waistline?
Yes Bren 3 kilos so far

lowandhard wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Why does anyone need their ST weeks before the season starts?
As long as I get it before the first game of the season I’ll be ok with that.
I suppose one could posit the following opposing argument . Perhaps people want their season tickets because they have PAID for them and the tickets are THEIRS but haven’t been provided in a timely manner as compared to most purchases on the high street. They may be unable to call into town later in the week to pick up a ticket or they are unable to get to the game until shortly before ko , I really don’t know. What I do know is that they should get their tickets when it’s convenient for THEM not the club.

Two incidents
a) remember membership of the old baramber at Spytty? Dave of Icon computers would take your £12 , take your photograph and hand you your membership card in 30 seconds flat.
b) today I donated some furniture and various paraphernalia to BHF. They issued me immediately with a membership card ( complete with identifying id ) also with no delay.

One of those was a small organisation, the other big but what they had in common was efficiency. If they could do it, why can’t our football club?... and please don’t tell me that BHF don’t have to deal with a thousand odd membership cards because my number extends to seven figures.

I’m one of those that paid for them, did I think I’d get it when I wanted it? No, of course not, I would get it when it’s ready. As far as I’m aware, well they didn’t say it to me anyway, I wasn’t given a date it would be available when I purchased it. As long as I get it before the season starts I’ll be happy, if it’s not then that certainly is poor from the club.
Did I need my ST four weeks ago? Nope.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

For goodness sake get real please.
If as it seems likely the tickets will not be printed before Saturday.........
I haven't read that in any of the messages. I believe I did read: 1. Wednesday at the earliest 2. Worst case Saturday.
Lets not forget Thursday and Friday, Frank. Wouldn't want to shoot from the hip, eh. :grin: