Re: First game

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I'm very proud to be accompanying my Grandson To his first County game tomorrow who has recently turned 8 years of age, the same age as me back in 1962 ! and is excited beyond belief,as I am as proud to be taking him, and whilst I will be absent from the Hazell terrace, for the first time, the Hazell stand hopefully gets us a decent result...COME ON 'U MIGHTY PORT.........

Re: First game

mike wilks wrote:Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I'm very proud to be accompanying my Grandson To his first County game tomorrow who has recently turned 8 years of age, the same age as me back in 1962 ! and is excited beyond belief,as I am as proud to be taking him, and whilst I will be absent from the Hazell terrace, for the first time, the Hazell stand hopefully gets us a decent result...COME ON 'U MIGHTY PORT.........
Good Morning Mike!

No apologies required where I’m concerned, First Game it says!
For me this is what is so special about the game of football we love, being able to share the passion and emotions with those closest to us. The bond it creates, the joy and laughter ( and sometimes tears) that you will share, just spending time in each other’s company on a combined mission of hope and expectation. Hopefully he will form a lifelong relationship with County and in the long distant future will tell his kids, I remember the first game my Granddad took me to all those years ago, he will be so proud of you and that “special relationship “ you created.
Enjoy the day, take some photos for him to look back on in years to come, I’m sure he will have a great day and he will never forget his first game, as County win 4-0 !

Phil in Northampton

Ps. Travelling down with my son too, however he is now 27, but all the above emotions still apply!