Re: First game

I am optimistic for the season but not overly optimistic for Saturday. I'm sure the EFL computer has some sort of programme that uses previous history to work out the fixtures.

I remember playing Mansfield home first game a few years back and that didn't go too well. It had to be them didn't it. They will be up for it as well because of the play off semi final games. Could have done with playing them later on in the season.

I have a similar view to Pems. Optimistic about the season but not going to get too hung up about any individual league result - 0:6 against Yeovil anyone?

Much as I would love it Keeganesque if we beat Mansfield on Saturday but I fully expect the usual rollercoaster ride to commence and long may it continue.

Amberexile wrote:Looks a bit too attacking to me and not sure about the two goalkeepers concept.
If you look at the picture from the left, we have 1 keeper and 7 defenders, 1 midfielder and 2 up top. About right considering the number of defenders in the squad. Not much getting through the brick wall defending :grin:

Beechwood Boy wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Looks a bit too attacking to me and not sure about the two goalkeepers concept.
If you look at the picture from the left, we have 1 keeper and 7 defenders, 1 midfielder and 2 up top. About right considering the number of defenders in the squad. Not much getting through the brick wall defending :grin:
That was the intention :lol:

rncfc wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing how we line up. I'm going for something like this;
If you keep your eyes in a “stare” and move your ipad/phone nearer and nearer there comes a gratifying point when Podge and Matt come back to help out that overworked defence.

It's funny, I was thinking the same. When I look at the fixtures, Newport away is up there with the most difficult. Part of me thinks that it would be better to face you later in the season, but then we have done well in opening day games against you.

We've improved our squad from last season and are hoping for a better outcome this term, but I don't have much optimism for Saturday.