Re: Club Spytty

lowandhard wrote:I’ve just had an email about the above. I’d like to congratulate the club on an excellent initiative. This is really great value for our young supporters and their families. Well done those involved.
Likewise

It looks like the e mail problem is now resolved.
Remember you are a trust member until the 31st October regardless of joining any of the new price groups

Looks great. My only gripe is that they haven't thought about people who live away from Newport or who can't get to the session on Thursday afternoon during the working day. Hopefully they'll make it possible to sign up online in due course. But that's not to take away from a good initiative.
Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on July 30th, 2019, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Remember you are a trust member until the 31st October regardless of joining any of the new price groups
Not true, you're a trust member until your previous membership expires, the latest possible date of which can be 31 October 2019 (a year after the last date on which anyone could have signed up under the old system). For instance, had I chosen to be a tight-arse about it, I could have done so until something like the end of August. After that, the options were new payment scheme or no longer a Trust member.

The communication from the club couldn't be clearer (maybe you should check you received it):
"From today, we have decided to reactivate all members’ emails until October 31 whether they have renewed their memberships or not. Please note that if your membership expired or is due to expire before October 31, this decision does not mean your membership has been renewed or extended – it simply means you will receive emails from the Trust until that date."

SJG99 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Remember you are a trust member until the 31st October regardless of joining any of the new price groups
Not true, you're a trust member until your previous membership expires, the latest possible date of which can be 31 October 2019 (a year after the last date on which anyone could have signed up under the old system). For instance, had I chosen to be a tight-arse about it, I could have done so until something like the end of August. After that, the options were new payment scheme or no longer a Trust member.

The communication from the club couldn't be clearer (maybe you should check you received it):
"From today, we have decided to reactivate all members’ emails until October 31 whether they have renewed their memberships or not. Please note that if your membership expired or is due to expire before October 31, this decision does not mean your membership has been renewed or extended – it simply means you will receive emails from the Trust until that date."
Precisely - maybe a slightly clearer line would have helped though.

"Trust benefits last until your membership expires. We will send emails emails to members and expired members until October 31 as a courtesy for our error.

Though we are sending emails, benefits will expire earlier than October 31 and ticket priority etc will end before this date, when your 12 month period is up.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Looks great. My only gripe is that they haven't thought about people who live away from Newport or who can't get to the session on Thursday afternoon during the working day. Hopefully they'll make it possible to sign up online in due course. But that's not to take away from a good initiative.
Just to say, if you can't make the event on Thursday, you can sign kids up by sending through payment plus a Trust membership form (on the Trust website) although you'll have to amend the form as there's no specific Clwb Spytty box to tick.

Have to say, £15 represents good value for money. It's good to see the Trust promoting a scheme that draws in younger fans.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Looking at Club Spytty I rather think that someone of my vintage who was also in the Tufty club thought this one up. :grin:

Having said that four free games and an adult accompanier for £10 is I think a very good idea.
Just for you Loyalfoot. I am forty-nine years too old to join this club but for some obscure reason you don't seem to have a problem with me commenting on this.

As all fair minded readers will know I praise and criticize depending on the action. :grin: