Re: Sam Foley

Percy plunkett wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Speaking of Andrew Crofts, did I see on Sky that he's left Yeovil (already) and gone to coach Brighton U23s? Remarkable throughput.
Yes,Yeovil agreed to cancel contract.He did play for them some years back so a better deal for him no doubt and back in familiar surroundings.
I think the move as a coach is best for him, he hasn’t played football properly for a couple of seasons now. I thought he would have been pushing it to play conference level with his fitness

I remember Flynn saying that at his age Crofts needed to be playing nearer his home which I assume is even further from Yeovil than it is from Newport.

Brighton looks like a great opportunity. There has been some stuff over recent years on our regional TV news about planning issues around a new training ground. I don't know if they have it yet, but it must be well on the way by now.

Much better than getting a kicking in the Conference every week with his state of fitness!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
njbh86 wrote:Wow, does Sam seem annoyed about Flynn mentioning money or what. Yikes.
For some odd reason everybody under about 50 with anything to do with Newport County, managers, players, directors and supporters seem to have remarkably fragile egos.
I'm 33 how dare you this is an outrage

wait

njbh86 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
njbh86 wrote:Wow, does Sam seem annoyed about Flynn mentioning money or what. Yikes.
For some odd reason everybody under about 50 with anything to do with Newport County, managers, players, directors and supporters seem to have remarkably fragile egos.
I'm 33 how dare you this is an outrage

wait

:lol:

George Street-Bridge wrote:There seems to be an increasing crossover between the Scottish Premier and League Two, barring the two biggest Glasgow clubs.
Shows the standard of Scottish football is rapidly working its way backwards to the standard of Welsh pyramid football. Connah's Quay beating Kilmarnock and TNS's run in the Irn-Bru Cup or whatever it's called being further evidence. Shows what happens when you lose all your decent players to the better paying league next door and hasn't exactly helped their national team either. Hell, I went to both Scotland's last European Championship match AND their last World Cup game, and I haven't seen a Scotland match live in 21 years.