Re: Sam Foley

Who the feek does he think he is?
Foley has given his own views via his Twitter account. , he has stressed that it wasn't a money-based decision, and implied that Newport hadn't shown enough 'desire' to want to sign him again:
"I'm quite proud to say I've never made a decision based on money in [my] whole career.

Of course it wasn't money based :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: MUCH

County-at-the-races wrote:Who the feek does he think he is?
Foley has given his own views via his Twitter account. , he has stressed that it wasn't a money-based decision, and implied that Newport hadn't shown enough 'desire' to want to sign him again:
"I'm quite proud to say I've never made a decision based on money in [my] whole career.

Or he fancied playing the likes of Celtic Rangers and a nice move to Scotland it is a nice place to live mind

County-at-the-races wrote:Who the feek does he think he is?

Why so aggressive? If he says this then maybe it's true. Flynn said he never even discussed terms so it never got down to money.

Flynny was possibly just going through the motions of playing him.Would he be ahead of Dolan or Sheehan in the pecking order,probably not so why play him at all.Sam saying money doesn't enter his head should be taken with a pinch of salt.Why did he leave in 2012 if money wasn't an issue and by telling Flynny that a Scottish Premiership club is interested is giving him some bargaining power to push his price up.Agreed,he was a big player last time but,players coming back don't always work.He didn't set the world on fire at Northampton so maybe a good outcome.

Think Flynn has been clear in comments this summer, saying he is not going to muck about with decision making. After last year he's earned that right.

I like Foley, he'll always be remembered for his past contribution, but football's a tough sport. Other than the generosity to Fraser Franks (who was very unfortunate to suffer from his condition), healthy and able players need to take the rough with the smooth.

Sam seems to be alarmingly sensitive to what is ultimately just business. We're too poor to be handing out favours (cough, cough, Andrew Crofts).

SJG99 wrote:Speaking of Andrew Crofts, did I see on Sky that he's left Yeovil (already) and gone to coach Brighton U23s? Remarkable throughput.
Yes,Yeovil agreed to cancel contract.He did play for them some years back so a better deal for him no doubt and back in familiar surroundings.