Re: The annual where will we finish thread

I would also lean towards 5th or 6th. But staying up is good enough for me (and considering our budget).

Yes age and over performance may catch up with us.

I really think the Cup distraction (though very enjoyable for fans) is a limit on our results. I reckon we'd have placed higher last year were it not for said cup games. We were up there with Chelsea and City for most number of fixtures all year.

Plus I'm optimistic that at least one or two new signings will turn out good. We've only lost 2 regulars so by that logic our squad is not significantly worse than last year, hoping there is not too much ageing and deterioration.

Re: The annual where will we finish thread

I feel Div2 will be a lot tougher this season, with some strong and financially stronger teams dropping down and getting promoted to this division. Last season gave us the best chance for promotion because it was full of weaker sides.

Hate to be a pessimist but the law of averages is bound to kick in and we'll lose a couple of key players to injury. I'm going for -
14th place in the league.
Out of both main cups in the first round, including being beaten by a non-league side in the FA Cup.
Reach the semi-final of the Checks trade Trophy.