Re: The team that wouldnt die

penycwm county wrote:
BertieB wrote:"He's not remotely interested in football"...……that maybe so but according to reports, the FA has already held meetings and other get togethers at the Celtic Manor and if businessmen who are interested in Newport town and the lack of class it portrays, got together and approached that person with project to improve this towns status, a sports stadium could improve the town which is after all the first city after crossing the Prince of Wales Bridge into Wales ...not merely a jumble of buildings ……..Come on the Port.!!..
Bob Bassett
worth contacting him, in 2016 he was linked to taking over the Dragons, not sure what happened with that but if you dont ask you dont get !
Thank You for your post, I just think that should a number of our business people form a sensible leading group and approached Sir Terry Mathews with a feasible aim, it may lead to some good benefits for the city of Newport. After all I read somewhere that the Celtic Manor were taking over another Hotel in their area, so a sensible approach could have some surprising results.I would be happy to add my County share to the proposal !!!!!!……………………..
Come on the Port ………...Bob Bassett