Re: Team for saturday

Be interesting to see what shape we line up in. I'd like to see sheehan in the eleven but think Whitely has earned a good go off the back of preseason. Can't argue too much with the eleven you've selected there if we're going 4 at the back to be honest!

if it's 5 at the back, I'd probably drop bennett into the back line (or play Ekpiteta or Lazar since O'B is suspended) and play sheehan over leadbitter in midfield.

Mansfield will almost certainly line up with a back 5 of Pearce, Preston, Sweeney, Benning (LWB) and Hamilton (RWB) in front of Logan. Midfield 3 will be Bishop, Mellis and Khan/Mcdonald. Up front it will be new strikers, Maynard and Cook. Danny Rose has featured a lot in pre-season but will probably start on the bench.

Staggo wrote:Mansfield will almost certainly line up with a back 5 of Pearce, Preston, Sweeney, Benning (LWB) and Hamilton (RWB) in front of Logan. Midfield 3 will be Bishop, Mellis and Khan/Mcdonald. Up front it will be new strikers, Maynard and Cook. Danny Rose has featured a lot in pre-season but will probably start on the bench.
Hopefully Benning will start. Willmott gave him the run around in the home league game and was subbed at HT if I recall. Prob why he didn’t start the play off semi at ours.
Should be a tight game and a home win. Guess you’ll look to hit us on the break.
A bit tricky to call our starting XI due to the summer arrivals but maybe
King
Leadbitter Howkins Demetriou Nurse
Bennett
Willmott Labadie
Sheehan/Whitely
Amond Matt

Staggo wrote:Mansfield will almost certainly line up with a back 5 of Pearce, Preston, Sweeney, Benning (LWB) and Hamilton (RWB) in front of Logan. Midfield 3 will be Bishop, Mellis and Khan/Mcdonald. Up front it will be new strikers, Maynard and Cook. Danny Rose has featured a lot in pre-season but will probably start on the bench.
If we both play a back five that should ensure the type of entertainment to attract the casual supporters.

If you are coming have a safe trip.

llanwern exile wrote:Ok, new season new hopes new dreams, this would be my starting 11 for Saturday.

King
Leadbitter
Howkins
Demetriou
Nurse
Bennett
Labadie
Whitely
Amond
Matt
Willmott

But that's just me, what flynny goes with is anyone's guess.
That's probably my team too. Though if we get the Millwall RB in I might go with him, seeing as Leadbitter got himself sent off in his one difficult task so far.

Not sure why Haynes hasn't played, injured?

mad norm wrote:Who's the ref? Is he English Welsh,Irish or Scots ?.What nationality is his/her granny? Does he/she use Specsavers? Has he/she got an ASBO, Is he/she a Vegan?Has he/she been a disgrace big time anywhere else?
:bounce:
James Adcock, English from Nottinghamshire. Has reffed L2 45 times and awarded 103 yellow cards in the process (info obtained from Soccerbase website)

George Street-Bridge wrote:However, my recollection is Benning much improved their team when he came on at half-time in the second leg.

I tried listing a lineup for us, but I kept finding I had too many players I couldn't choose between.
Benning had a rare off day in the league game at your place. Other than that, and maybe one other performance, he was an absolute beast all season. I'd probably say he was the best left-back in the division last season, along with Toffolo from Lincoln. He's quick and skilful, but can defend too, and scores spectacular goals, which of course you already know... :wink:
Last edited by Staggo on July 31st, 2019, 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

papajohn wrote:
mad norm wrote:Who's the ref? Is he English Welsh,Irish or Scots ?.What nationality is his/her granny? Does he/she use Specsavers? Has he/she got an ASBO, Is he/she a Vegan?Has he/she been a disgrace big time anywhere else?
:bounce:
James Adcock, English from Nottinghamshire. Has reffed L2 45 times and awarded 103 yellow cards in the process (info obtained from Soccerbase website)
Seriously? A Nottinghamshire ref? So he's either going to be biased towards us or hate us because he's a Forest or County fan. Great.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
If we both play a back five that should ensure the type of entertainment to attract the casual supporters.

If you are coming have a safe trip.
Thank you. I won't make it this time unfortunately, but I agree that it'll be an attacking game.