Re: MOM

rncfc wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I only took it on because Sully had to give it up.He only carried it on because a fella called Jollysuperstar got banned from this mb.As he probably won't mind either then Harps by all means take it back on.It was Jollysuperstar's idea to vote in the way it was run anyway.
Lol. He might be schizophrenic but he's good people.
It's all good so long as people are given their voices.

Morning Percy
Thank you for taking it over after Sully last season.
Sorry mate feel free to continue running it if you would like.
I do feel that every contributors vote should count though rather than the 3 top players each week.
I wanted to vote for a certain player last year but 3 were so far ahead it was pointless.
Anyway hope it continues and possibly something for the winner at the end of the season maybe.
Cheers

Good Morning!

I understand the thinking of giving something tangible to the winner of the Man of the Match voting. However this may seem a bit harsh but would it really be of any importance as an “object” to the winning player? Of course it would be accepted in good grace and with great respect but would it really vie for a place in the players trophy cabinet at home? I imagine most players have many awards/trophies at home, some more than others. The sentiment is sound, but I think the practicality is a bit of a stretch. The truth is we , on this message board are not that important to the big wide world.
The winning of the award, and a specific mention and publication of the fact I think is adequate enough, the player will genuinely feel proud of the fact he has won without some unwanted trinket attached to it. Maybe a piece in the last home match programme detailing the voting totals, a picture of a handshake with a message board representative.
How many of you have trophies of yesteryear still on display at home?
They are nice for a few weeks but end up in a box in the attic. I remember with pride the two trophies I won in football, under 11 league winners at school and 40 years later a five a side league win. The trophies are buried in dust somewhere in the attic, the memories however still shine like new!

Phil in Northampton

Here's a reason why counting votes cast would not work. At an away match on a Tuesday night, we may have single figure support and about ten votes cast, compared with many more votes for a regular Saturday home fixture. A Mom performance would thus carry greater weighting for the home fixture and a standout performance in an away fixture would not earn the points it deserves. 3,2,1 for all matches avoids this happening.

Edit: Whoops...... I meant less than 100, double figure support. :oops:
Last edited by excessbee on August 2nd, 2019, 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

excessbee wrote:Here's a reason why counting votes cast would not work. At an away match on a Tuesday night, we may have single figure support and about ten votes cast, compared with many more votes for a regular Saturday home fixture. A Mom performance would thus carry greater weighting for the home fixture and a standout performance in an away fixture would not be earn the points it deserves. 3,2,1 for all matches avoids this happening.
Great minds think alike.
FGR we would get as many as home.
Carlisle not many at all.
I am going to propose.
10/9/8 etc down to 1
If there are more than 10 players named they all get 1 but that's not going to happen :cheers:
Its only a bit of fun.
Every bodies choice to vote or not bother.

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Morning!

I understand the thinking of giving something tangible to the winner of the Man of the Match voting. However this may seem a bit harsh but would it really be of any importance as an “object” to the winning player? Of course it would be accepted in good grace and with great respect but would it really vie for a place in the players trophy cabinet at home? I imagine most players have many awards/trophies at home, some more than others. The sentiment is sound, but I think the practicality is a bit of a stretch. The truth is we , on this message board are not that important to the big wide world.
The winning of the award, and a specific mention and publication of the fact I think is adequate enough, the player will genuinely feel proud of the fact he has won without some unwanted trinket attached to it. Maybe a piece in the last home match programme detailing the voting totals, a picture of a handshake with a message board representative.
How many of you have trophies of yesteryear still on display at home?
They are nice for a few weeks but end up in a box in the attic. I remember with pride the two trophies I won in football, under 11 league winners at school and 40 years later a five a side league win. The trophies are buried in dust somewhere in the attic, the memories however still shine like new!

Phil in Northampton
Morning Phil

Agree with everything you say here.

Happy to listen to any ideas of course.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Morning Percy
Thank you for taking it over after Sully last season.
Sorry mate feel free to continue running it if you would like.
I do feel that every contributors vote should count though rather than the 3 top players each week.
I wanted to vote for a certain player last year but 3 were so far ahead it was pointless.
Anyway hope it continues and possibly something for the winner at the end of the season maybe.
Cheers
Thanks Harps,I was only holding the fort to keep it going.By all means kick it off tomorrow with a new slant on it if you wish.I will still vote every home game plus the few aways I attend and the live ifollow games I will see.I just hope everyone will vote not just when we win but when we lose.It was a struggle to get votes on bad days where only the regular few took the trouble.