Re: Grandstand. County v Mansfield

Confuddled wrote:
Watchdogs wrote:Got to admit that was never a red good play acting though!
Was 100% red card. The player after the foul was giving and Labs was on the deck purposely dropped both knees into his back with most of his weight behind it.
After just seeing the brief highlight of the incident again IMO it was a red card as the knee in the back was deliberate and could have been avoided. I don't believe there was a great deal of force behind it, nevertheless the player deserves a ban for stupidity alone.

First time I'd watched the game from the Hazel stand today, having brought my grandson to his first game, and whilst I was disappointed to drop 2 points, for reasons already mentioned, must admit thoroughly enjoyed the contest overall, and as well as gaining another youngster to the Amber fold, am just as pleased that my eldest son will now be a regular (the youngest at 32 is an avid follower anyway)...........

Highlighting the new players.Bad mistake by King for second goal but made up for it with a great pen save.Haynes had a great first half but not so effective after,maybe a lack of fitness as he hasn't played at all yet.Macnamara looked good in places but kept turning back rather than going forward with the ball.Howkins did well in the air as you'd expect for a big guy but seemed unwilling to move forward with the ball at his feet and unsure what to do with it.All four had good and bad bits,a bit of a curate's egg I'd say.The two subs not on long enough to make a remark on.

Fantastic first half performance from every player. The 3 debutants looked really solid and productive.

Second half what a transformation energy, movement, quality of pass etc. had gone the players looked leggy and clueless. I know the team can feel sorry for themselves when they concede but that 5 minutes after the break was shocking.
When Mansfield went down to 10 why were we not trying to stretch them and play the ball down the flanks as posters have already said Haynes was crying out for the ball down the left in an offensive position but no straight down the middle into Mansfield's hands.
That performance by Mansfield was mediocre and County second half let them off the hook too many players content on not conceding but not being proactive looking for the win.
Flynny 60% of the time County were on top the other 40 % floundering.
Do not name names but I will Dolan, Sheehan and Willmott like last season not good enough on yesterdays display where Labadie was solid throughout the middle.

I don't know what it is about Mansfield. They play like they would rather cheat and kick lumps out of teams than concentrate on their strengths.

I remember last season when we drew at Rodney Parade very near the end they got a three on two break and took the ball into the corner to waste time and preserve the point. They wound up missing promotion by three points, that could have been two of them.

Having come back to 2-2 and then the penalty, you would have thought they would have realised we were vulnerable. Instead, they went back to 'typical Mansfield' trying to con the ref, Macdonald was the main culprit, arguing almost every decision. The red card, on viewing the TV last night, was clear. He couldn't avoid landing on Labadie, but if he had broken his fall with outstretched arms there would have been no problem. It was a cheap shot in the hope that the ref had missed it. Well he did miss it, but well done the assistant.
Last edited by excessbee on August 4th, 2019, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.