Re: MOM

Labadie. Scored a goal played on the edge as usual also dealt well with the fact that the Mansfield players were all over the ref every time he made a challenge and the red card against him was a stonewaller, you can't just knee drop on someone and expect to get away with it. Both full backs played well and great to see Sheehan back to his best. Overall great team performance I'd say we bossed 75-80 minutes of the 90.

Labs came through to take maximum points.

Labadie 17 votes 5 points
Haynes 14 votes 4 points
McNamarra 12 votes 3 points
King 1 vote 2 points

As you can see we had 44 voters for the first game.

Many thanks.
Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on August 6th, 2019, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't like this scoring system. One vote gets seven points can't be the best way of doing it. Someone may post a frivolous nomination (I assume the vote for King was for the penalty save). Can you consider reverting to a simple 3,2,1.

excessbee wrote:Don't like this scoring system. One vote gets seven points can't be the best way of doing it. Someone may post a frivolous nomination (I assume the vote for King was for the penalty save). Can you consider reverting to a simple 3,2,1.
In hindsight the chances of 10 players getting nominated are highly unlikely
To answer you sorry but its a no.
I will amend as follows.
Scoring will be 5 to 1.

The 5th highest and below will all score 1 point provided they get any votes.
Regarding frivolous voting I voted for King as after throwing away 2 points he did save us the 1 point with a superb save.
IMO the only other players that stood out were the top 3 on here plus Josh.
The rest were okay to mediocre.

Blackandamber wrote:Labs

What was up with Willmott today? Even when he played in his preferred right wing position in the last 15 mins he kept cutting inside onto his left foot instead of crossing or trying to beat the full back.
Didn't see the game but that's a tactic to pull the opposing full back inside and create space for our overlapping full back outside - was McNamara getting forward instead?

Seems like a tactic we could also use on the left, though Whitely has ability wide as well as cutting inside.