Re: June Board Minutes

pedrotheexile wrote:Yes, it was in a club communication but honestly, if if there are a thousand things worth getting into a state about, that must rank somewhere in the 990s.

Someone trying to keep people up to date might have chosen their words a tad better. It's not a subject for a Royal Commission.

Sorry I’m confused
Which words could I have chosen better.
It’s a simple question, as I haven’t found the quote yet.
I’m sorry if not keeping up to date is somehow offensive to you but I don’t get to see every communication put out

You have got the wrong end of the stick. The point I was making is that whoever at the club chose those words for a news release could have done a bit better but it didn't warrant some forum users getting the pitchforks out. (Not you.) That's all.

Re: June Board Minutes

The Paddy Power sponsorship was clearly delayed because Huddersfield were their top name, having been in the Premier League last season, and also had the design that looked the worst with a massive advert slapped across it (because they wear stripes). The other 3 sides with "unsponsored by Paddy Power" shirts launched their kits in the week following the high-profile Huddersfield announcement.

As teams can't have new shirt sponsors until their previous deals expire (often 1 July but not always, sometimes on the anniversary of the previous announcement), and teams don't always wear new kit until they play a pre-season game, 22nd July was a reasonable time for a kit launch.

As far as stuff being late goes, Southampton now have delayed their kit launch further, with an announcement being made this week. A rumour I heard a week ago from someone who should know says their replicas may not arrive for another 6-8 weeks. Now THAT is costing a club money by delaying sales.